Philips Pocket Memo 588
Get Philips Pocket Memo 588 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Philips Dictation
Authorized US Retailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
Easy prioritization is the strength of the Philips Pocket Memo® 588 portable mini cassette voice recorder. The index tone feature allows you to mark individual documents, set their priority and identify them easily during editing and transcription.
Philips Pocket Memo 588 Key Features
- Included Accessories
- 30-minute Mini Cassette 005
- Two AAA Batteries
- Luxury Pouch
- Belt Clip
- Wrist Strap
- Portable Mini Cassette Recorder
- Mini Cassettes are the only media designed specially for the constant stop/start demands of dictation, giving you greater lifelong reliability, security and control in a miniature format. Recording begins instantly with your touch or the sound of your voice so there is no word clipping. And because Mini Cassettes have no "pinch wheel" (unlike other cassettes) there is no risk of tape tangle or distortion.
- LCD Tape Counter
- LCD Tape Counter shows the elapsed recording time.
- Battery Consumption Indicator
- The Pocket Memo 588's Battery Consumption Indicator lets you monitor available battery power at all times.
- Priority Index Tone
- The Pocket Memo 588 lets you set a Priority Index tone to mark the current dictation as especially urgent.
- End-of-Letter Index Tone
- When you are finished and do not want to make any further changes to a dictation, an End-of-Letter Index tone marks the current dictation as finished. End-of-Letter Index tones indicate the start of each document and number of recordings.
- Internal Mic Sensitivity Switch
- Sensitivity switch with two recording modes: DICT for normal dictation applications, CONF for recording conferences and meetings.
- Voice-Activated Recording
- When voice-activated recording is enabled, the Pocket Memo is in Record Standby mode; recording will start automatically when the input level exceeds a certain threshold (i.e. usually when you start dictating). Recording stops a few seconds after you stop speaking and restarts automatically when you start speaking again.
- Turbo Wind
- Get fast access to any part of the tape with Turbo Wind. Fast forward or rewind at 20x playback speed.
- Rechargeable Batteries Option
- Internal Recharging replenishes batteries during use. Optional rechargeable batteries and power supply required.
- Four-Position Switch
- The 4-position switch enables easy one-thumb operation. The four positions are Play, Rewind, Fast-Forward and Pause.
- Audible Scan
- Monitor fast forward and rewind with Audible Scan. As the tape winds you can hear it played back at speed, helping you to locate a specific piece of dictation.
- Delete Confidential Recordings With Fast Erase
- Depending where you are on the tape, the fast erase function can be used in either direction: forwards or backwards. The erase function continues until either the beginning of tape is reached or another function is selected.
- Transport Lock
- Transport Lock avoids unintentional operation.
- Record Status and Low Battery LED
- Visual Indicator/LED shows record status and low battery.
- Audible End-of-Tape and No Cassette Warnings
- Audible End-of-Tape and No Cassette warnings prevent dictation loss.
- Record Protection
- You can protect valuable dictation from being recorded over by breaking the small tab at the front of the cassette.
- Volume Control
- Automatic Gain Control
- Automatic Gain Control adjusts to optimum recording level.
- Partially Metallic Casing
- Part-metallic casing for extra durability.
Philips Pocket Memo 588 Specifications
- Acoustic Frequency Response:
- 400 - 4,000 Hz
- Output Power:
- > 100 mW
- Earphones socket
- Microphone socket
- Power Supply socket
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- 4.8" x 2.3" 1.0" (123 x 58 x 25mm)
- 3.9 oz. (110g)