Panasonic DMC-ZS30K Lumix Digital Still Camera
Also available in silver model DMC-ZS30S and white model DMC-ZS30W.
Get Panasonic DMC-ZS30K Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Panasonic
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS30 is Panasonic's most advanced photo and video hybrid compact camera to date. With exceptional image quality and a host of features, including a 20x Optical Zoom, 60p Full HD video recording and Wi-Fi connectivity, it's ideal for those looking for a camera that does it all without compromise. Wherever you are in the world, the LUMIX ZS30 -- one of the world's slimmest 20x Optical Zoom digital compact cameras -- is perfect for documenting any moment, no matter what your situation or surroundings. Packed into a simple, smart and sleek design, and available in a range of three different colors including black, silver and white, there's a LUMIX ZS30 to suit every preference.
The LUMIX ZS30 is packed with a whole range of features that provide outstanding performance in every environment. No matter what time of the day or night, the camera guarantees outstanding results due to the 24mm Ultra Wide Angle LEICA DC lens and 20x Optical Zoom. The Panasonic's black box technology Nano Surface Coating boasts extremely low reflectance ratio and exceptional optical performance with stunning clarity by minimizing flare and ghost. Whether using the ZS30 at dawn, dusk or in the midday sun, an improved 18.1 megapixel, high sensitivity MOS Sensor and new Venus Engine ensure crystal clear images in any condition. If it's moving images you're after, the ZS30's Full HD AVCHD Progressive video recording capability and stereo microphone provide uncompromising quality.
The new 5 Axis correction and inclination correction capability counteracts any tilt or handshake. Whether you find yourself wandering through a bustling foreign city or traveling along a bumpy road in the middle of nowhere, you can be certain of perfect quality video. The ZS30 also provides Intelligent Auto features, including Face Recognition that remembers your friends and family and adjusts the camera's settings accordingly. No matter what the world throws at you, the ZS30 is designed to do the hard work for you and ensure that you get that perfect shot every time. The enhanced GPS (Global Positioning System) functionality, including compass and level meter, allows you to automatically record your location and view the map and associated photos directly on your camera.
Panasonic DMC-ZS30K Key Features
- Included Accessories
- DMW-BCM13 Li-Ion Battery Pack
- AC Adaptor for in-camera charging
- USB Cable
- Hand Strap
- Software DVD-ROM: PhotofunStudio 9.1 Premium Edition, Adobe Reader, LUMIX Map Tool (GPS)
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar Lens with 20x Optical Wide-Angle Zoom
- Leica Camera AG is a camera and lens maker lauded by photographers around the world. In every aspect of precision lens optics -- from polishing techniques to coating technologies to quality standards -- Leica Camera AG remains a world leader. Leica's multi-coating lens process for glare reduction helps to eliminate image fogging and ghosting when shooting in extremely bright light. A compact, versatile lens system is the hallmark of Lumix ZS series. The ZS30 features a high-quality Leica DC Vario Elmar 24mm ultra-wide-angle lens with a 20x optical zoom. A lens like this, with a range from 24mm to 480mm in 35mm film equivalence, is almost inconceivable in such a small, lightweight camera. This advanced lens unit realizes the outstandingly slim and compact body while surpassing Leica's stringent standards to deliver exceptional optical performance.
The ZS lens system is completely redeveloped for DMC-ZS30 in both optical and mechanical design. The Nano Surface Coating boasts extremely low reflectance ratio compared with the conventional multi coating to suppress ghost. With this plus Panasonic's black box technology, the image delivered through the lens of DMC-ZS30 has exceptional optical performance with stunning clarity that passes Leica's stringent standards. Comprising 12 elements in 10 groups, including 2 ED lenses and 3 aspherical lenses with 6 aspherical surfaces, this advanced lens unit suppresses chromatic aberration which tends to occur in telephoto shooting effectively.
- 40x Intelligent Zoom / 47.8x Extra Optical Zoom
- The DMC-ZS30's 20x optical zoom combines with the 1/2.3-inch diagonal 18.1-megapixel effective MOS sensor to give you enormous expressive power. Thanks to Intelligent Resolution technology, the Intelligent Zoom available with the DMC-ZS30 extends the zoom ratio by approximately 2x, maintaining the picture quality even combining a digital zoom. This means the 20x optical can virtually extend to a 40x equivalent. The Extra Optical Zoom function extends zoom power to 47.8x at 3-megapixel resolution or less by using the center part of the large MOS to bring subjects even closer.
- HYBRID O.I.S.+ (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- Panasonic's advanced image stabilizer POWER O.I.S. is upgraded with an inclusion of HYBRID O.I.S.+ (HYBRID Optical Image Stabilizer Plus). HYBRID O.I.S.+ delivers 5-axis correction that detects and effectively compensates for the camera's 5 types of movement -- horizontal, vertical, axis of rotation, vertical rotation and horizontal rotation. HYBRID O.I.S.+ suppresses the low-frequency vibration hand-shake component, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. The O.I.S. also works for powerful zoom shots, which are especially susceptible to hand-shake. In addition, the HYBRID O.I.S. + is highly effective for video recording.
- Large Bright 3-inch Touch Screen LCD Monitor With Auto Power LCD Function
- The ZS30 is equipped with a 3.0-inch, 920,000-dot Intelligent LCD with super high resolution and a wide viewing angle. The screen brightness automatically adjusts in 11 steps as the surrounding brightness level changes, ensuring easy visibility at all times. The big screen reflects fine details, making it easy to check the focus before shooting. It also serves as a small photo and video viewer, allowing the user and friends to enjoy viewing the still and motion images together.
The DMC-ZS30 offers touch-screen operation with its Smart Touch Screen. Auto focus is immediately set to the subject by just touching it on the large LCD and you can even release the shutter. The touch-screen operation excels not only for shooting but also for playing back images with outstanding visibility. You can play back the image you want out of hundreds of stocks by touching in the thumbnails. To play back images one by one in order, you can drag the image over the screen with a finger to browse the collection of photos as you flip over the pages of the book.
Its large size lets everyone view the images together, and its crisp clarity is great for both shooting and playback. Under bright sunlight, the Auto Power LCD function increases the backlight brightness in nine steps according to the ambient light intensity. In dimly lit locations, it adjusts the frame rate of live images in two steps according to the ambient darkness. At the highest of these 11 steps, the LCD backlight becomes maximum 1.4 times brighter than normal. This makes both shooting and viewing photos easier and more convenient.
- Wi-Fi® Connectivity with NFC
- The integrated Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) of the LUMIX DMC-ZS30 is simple to set up and opens a world of new possibilities. By making use of this feature and wirelessly connecting your camera to a mobile device or smartphone, you can now fully control your photography remotely. With the ZS30's remote shooting capability, the days of setting up a timed image of you and your family and hoping for the best are over. After starting the Panasonic Image App on your smartphone or tablet, you can transform the device's screen into a real-time viewfinder and control the camera's zoom and shutter directly from the device, ensuring that you can get into that ideal photo-ready position before using the remote shutter release for that perfect holiday picture. The ZS30's Wi-Fi capability also means that you can share your pictures and movies with friends and family instantly, without having to first upload them to a computer.
There's no need to worry about running out of storage space either. The ZS30 allows you to easily save photos and videos to the cloud with the LUMIX Club Cloud Sync service. Furthermore with a new NFC (Near Field Communication) capability, connecting the ZS30 to a Wi-Fi connection couldn't be easier. One simple tap and the camera will recognize the settings of your Internet enabled device allowing you to save, send and share.
- Built-in GPS (Global Positioning System) Unit And Compass
- With its GPS feature, the Panasonic Lumix ZS30 is the ultimate travel companion, and can record the latitude and longitude in the EXIF (Exchangeable Image File Format) data, while also displaying the location information real-time while shooting and during playback. These geo-tagged images can be pinpointed on maps common in photo-sharing websites and social media sites, so travels can be archived and also visually represented on a map and easily shared with friends and family. The Panasonic Lumix ZS30 also shows the name of the city, country and state, and information for more than 1,000,000 popular landmarks, covering 82 countries or regions, are stored in the camera's internal memory. For instance, when users are taking photos of the Eiffel Tower or Empire State Building, landmarks stored within the camera, these locations will be displayed on the screen while taking it and tagged in the data. The DMC-ZS30 shows the name of the Country/Region, State/Province/County, County/Township, City/Town/Village and Landmark using the internal data to give users real-time information of the place when taking photos to add fun of photo shooting during travel.
The GPS (Global Positioning System) in DMC-ZS30 newly complies with GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) to further enhance its detection accuracy for its increased number of satellites. You can copy the map data of designated city to an SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card out of a bundled map DVD which comprehends detailed map of approx. 90 countries worldwide on a scale of 1/25,000 or more precise. You can get geographic information even in unfamiliar places to know where you are and what landmarks are located nearby. The geo-tagged images can be played back on the map. With the multi-touch screen, the map is scalable by pinching in/out it on the touch screen. The photos and videos with the location names are automatically sorted in the virtual folder alphabetically in the camera allowing quick reach. You can even create your own landmarks for your home or any places you like (maximum 50 places).
The logging function allows memorizing travelling distance which can be displayed on the camera's map. You can also output it to Google Earth application. The built-in compass is very convenient for following maps when travelling or trekking. The internal clock of the camera is automatically adjusted to the local time.
- AVCHD Full HD 1080p Motion Images
- The Lumix DMC-ZS30 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full-HD movies. The MP4 format has high compatibility with computers. In addition to MP4 video, the DMC-ZS30 can record high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080p 60 fps video in the AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than the conventional Motion JPEG and excels in compatibility with AV equipment like HDTVs or Blu-ray Disc players. A special, separate button on the top lets the user instantly start recording movies while shooting photos without any having to make any extra settings. The DMC-ZS30 takes Full HD Motion Images a step further with 1,920 x 1,080p 60 fps progressive scanning recording. Twice as much data is captured by 1080/60p recording as 1080/60i. And unlike the interlace method, progressive scanning records and reproduces a full image at 60 frames per second, so fast-action scenes are crisp and clear, with very little flicker. You enjoy highly detailed images in a wide variety of shooting situations.
The powerful 20x optical zoom is available in movie recording with its mechanism designed to minimize the noise of auto focusing or zooming. With DMC-ZS30, there are always two options to record spur-of-the-moment scenes: high-quality photos or movies. The user can simply choose the one that saves precious memories most beautifully.
- High-Speed Video
- High-speed videos at 240 fps in VGA size (640 x 480 pixels) let you capture scenes that you can't see with the naked eye, and play them back in dramatic slow motion. Or capture 1280 x 720 HD video at 120 fps.
- 1/2.3-inch 18.1 Megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor With Primary Color Filter
- The 18.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS Sensor provides amazing image quality even in low light conditions. For the effective concentration of light, the MOS sensor adopts microfabrication technology to achieve even higher sensitivity. With an advanced micro light tube structure, both color mixture and signal loss are prevented. The result is that the photo and movie shot at any sensitivity from low to high have outstanding clearness. Together with the high-performance Venus Engine advanced image processor, the MOS sensor dramatically improves image quality in low-lit situations, reducing noise by half. The DMC-ZS30's Primary Color Filter uses the primary colors (red, green and blue) to ensure the correct extraction of color information from the CCD in order to create vivid, rich color images.
- Venus Engine LSI
- The DMC-ZS30's multi-task image-processing engine, the Venus Engine, processes large amount of full HD data at high-speed. The Venus Engine also realizes a super-fast response time. The excellent S/N ratio of the MOS sensor and the Intelligent Noise Reduction system in the Venus Engine allow both photos and videos shot at any sensitivity from low to high to boast outstanding clarity. Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, the innovative technology Intelligent Resolution precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way according to the area. As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp.
- Level Shot Function
- The Level Shot Function detects the horizontal line of recording image and keeps it even if the camera is tilted. It lets users take stable video even in blind recording such as shooting from high angle.
- Light Speed AF
- The DMC-ZS30 boasts Light Speed AF that helps to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities. With approxinatelt 0.1 second focus time, you can quickly focus on moving subjects, such as when you're shooting sports scenes or animals.
- Touch AF Tracking
- Once the AF subject is selected by touch control, it continues to track the subject even if it moves until you press the shutter. When you're taking images of active children, pets, sports scenes or subjects in a moving object, this function eliminates the need to press the shutter button halfway down repeatedly to readjust the focus. With AF Tracking, the ZS30 can lock onto any subject and keep it in focus even if it moves -- making it easy to get beautiful, clear shots when a great photo opportunity suddenly arises. Simply aim, lock, and shoot.
- Intelligent Auto Mode Helps Prevent Mis-Shots
- Panasonic's iA (Intelligent Auto) mode is a combination of functions that makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose shots and capture moments. Just press, aim and shoot. Detection and correction functions work appropriately just by entering the iA Mode for you to take beautiful photos and movies with maximum ease. In addition, Intelligent Resolution technology is always activated in the iA Mode, which results in the clearer and higher image quality in every photo and movie with extended zoom range equivalent to 32x optical zoom by the Intelligent Zoom.
- Advanced Face Detection With Face Recognition
- The ZS30 features Face Recognition, a function that "remembers" faces. When a familiar face is recorded several times, the camera will prompt you to register the face. Once complete, if the familiar face appears into your frame again, the camera will display the name you specified for that person and prioritize focus and exposure so that the registered face is bright and in sharp focus. During registration, you can change the icon that indicates when the registered subject is in focus. You can also specify the age of the registered subject and have both the name and the age of the subject stamped onto your photos. When babies under 3 years-old are registered, the camera will automatically switch to Baby mode if the baby appears into the frame. In playback, you can choose to display only photos that contain a specific registered face using Category Playback. You can also view image slideshows of only a selected person. Face recognition makes sorting archiving incredibly easy. This advanced face detection system also digitally corrects unwanted red-eye during recording.
- Intelligent ISO Control (IIC)
- While hand-shake is the single biggest cause of blurry images, it is not the only one. Another problem is the motion blur that can occur when a subject moves as the shot is being snapped. Incorporating Panasonic's Intelligent ISO Control, Lumix cameras were the first in the world to fight motion blur. With Intelligent Image Stabilization -- Mega O.I.S. to compensate for hand-shake plus Intelligent ISO Control to prevent motion blur -- Panasonic has equipped the new Lumix DMC-ZS30 with the industry's most advanced countermeasures against blurring.
The IIC system detects whether or not the subject is moving. If it is, the system automatically raises the ISO setting accordingly, allowing the camera to shoot at a higher shutter speed. If the subject is not moving, the camera shoots at a low ISO setting and captures beautiful, natural-looking images. Intelligent ISO Control is included as one of the corrections in certain scene modes used to shoot subjects that are often moving, such as Sports, Baby and the newly added Pet mode. Simply select the mode that best suits the subject, and Intelligent ISO Control provides the optimal corrections, making it easy to capture crisp, clear photos.
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) Output
- The ZS30 is equipped with an mini HDMI output terminal for direct transmission of digital image and sound signals. Just connect the camera to an HDTV using a single HDMI micro cable (purchased separately), and and it's even easy to enjoy slideshow in which both still and motion images integrated in the recorded timeline. If you have a Viera TV, you can control the camera's playback functions with Viera's remote control unit.
- Easy Manual Exposure Options
- The DMC-ZS30 provides easy-to-use manual controls. Use the Aperture-priority, for example, to create a soft-focused background effect or the Shutter-priority to produce a dynamic rendering of streaming water. You can explore your own creative expression at will. Manual operation requires only 3 simple steps: set the Mode Dial to the A/S/M Mode position, select the mode you want, then use the Exposure button to make any necessary adjustments. In Manual Exposure Mode you can set both the aperture and shutter speed, to take beautiful, artistic photos. Plus, a total of 4 custom setting patterns can also be memorized to the camera (1 on C1 and 3 on C2).
- REC Modes
- Intelligent AUTO: The camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment.
- Program AE
- Aperture Priority AE: You select the aperture and the camera automatically sets the shutter speed according to the subject's brightness.
- Shutter Priority AE: You select the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture according to the subject's brightness.
- Manual: You can set the aperture and adjust the shutter speed.
- C1 Custom setting
- C2 Custom setting
- Panorama Shot: Makes it is possible to shoot a 360-degree horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous picture.
- SCN: Scene Modes (see below)
- Creative Control (see below)
- Still Picture Scene Modes to Cover A Wide Variety of Shots
- Portrait Mode: This gives the background a soft focus while capturing the subject clearly and sharply.
- Soft Skin Mode The camera detects the face or skin area to achieve a smoother appearance of the skin than portrait mode.
- Scenery Mode: Capture sweeping vistas in sharp focus.
- Sports Mode: Uses a high shutter speed to catch moving subjects.
- Night Portrait Mode: The MEGA O.I.S. minimizes hand motion at slow shutter speeds, to capture people and night landscapes clearly and beautifully.
- Night Scenery Mode: Allows you to record the nightscape vividly by reducing the shutter speed.
- Handheld Night Shot Mode: For a blur-less, beautifully illuminated night shot even without using a tripod. The camera shoots consecutive 10 shots to simulate over one picture detecting and fixing the position of the subjects.
- HDR Mode: Several still pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels are overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure).
- Food Mode: Allows you to take pictures of food with a natural hue without being affected by the ambient light in restaurants etc.
- Baby1, Baby2 Modes: These modes take pictures of a baby with a healthy complexion. When the flash is used, the light from it is weaker than usual. You can set the birthdays of two babies (Baby1 and Baby2). The baby's age can then be displayed when playing back pictures.
- Pet Mode: Because pets often won't hold still, this mode switches the camera to Intelligent ISO Control, which prevents motion blur. If you input your pet's date of birth, its age in months (at the time a photo was taken) is displayed when you view photos.
- Sunset Mode: Emphasizing red tones, this mode is designed to capture clear, vivid shots of colorful sunsets.
- High Sensitivity Mode: Select this mode for high-sensitivity processing. You can take pictures at ISO 6400 sensitivity equivalent.
- Starry Sky Mode: By making the shutter speed slower, allows you to take vivid pictures of a starry sky or a dark subject that you could not take in Night Scenery.
- 3D Photo: Produces a 3D image in the camera.
- Glass Through Mode: This mode reduces both light and image reflection and allows you to take pictures through glass.
- Underwater Mode: This mode reduces excessive blue tone in underwater pictures.
- High-Speed Video Mode: Records QVGA-size videos at 220 frames per second. This makes it easy to capture the kind of slow-motion images that you often see in sports broadcasts.
- Creative Control and Creative Retouch
- You can use the Creative Control features for shooting photos and videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. You can also retouch images after they are shot with Creative Retouch. The filters are also available during playback. Creative Control options include:
- Expressive: A Pop Art style image effect that emphasizes color
- Retro: A soft image effect that gives the impression of faded and tarnished old color photos and videos
- High Key: An image effect with a bright ambience
- Low Key: Creates a peaceful atmosphere for the image, makes bright areas stand out
- Sepia: An image effect that captures the impression of faded old black and white photos and videos
- High Dynamic: An image effect that emphasizes light and dark areas
- Dynamic Monochrome: A gray scale effect with no color, with high contrast for dramatic effect
- Toy Effect: Produces vignetting, giving the appearance the image was taken with a toy camera
- Soft Focus: Slightly blurs the entire image for a softer appearance, useful for portraits
- Miniature Effect: Adjusts defocused and in-focus areas to make the subject look like a miniature model
- Impressive Art: Gives your photo dramatic contrast and vivid color.
- Cross Process: Gives your photo dramatic colors.
- Star Filter: Transforms pin-points of light into a star effect.
- One Point Color: Creates a near monochrome image leaving one selected color for dramatic effect.
- Color Mode
- Alter the coloring to suit your taste. Available color modes include Standard, Vivid (in P, A, S and M Modes), Sepia, Black & White and Happy Mode (only in iA Mode), which optimizes color, saturation and brightness to make both photo and video more vivid and true to the color the users remember when they took it.
- 10 FPS Full-Resolution High-Speed Consecutive Shooting
- The High-Sensitivity MOS sensor lets the DMC-ZS30 shoot 10 fps in 18-megapixel full resolution with mechanical shutter. You can take a series of shots, then choose the ones you like the best and delete the rest.
- Stereo Microphone, Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator
- A stereo microphone, featuring Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, on the upper body records dynamic, true-to-life stereo audio that brings out the power of your HD movies.
- Wind Cut
- The Wind Cut function is available to block out most of the noise from background wind. This gives you higher quality sound when taking images on breezy days.
- Digital Red-eye Correction
- This feature helps to eliminate the red-eye problem that sometimes results when taking flash shots at the night. Incorporated into the built-in flash, the camera emits a small preliminary flash before the main flash, detects red-eye and will digitally correct it.
- Video Divide
- You can divide a single video into two parts using only the camera. This is handy for compiling memorable scenes, and deleting unwanted scenes to free up space on your memory card while you are traveling.
- 12 MB Built-in Memory
- Take photos even when you don't have an SDHC/SD Memory Card on hand. Just use the built-in memory, then copy the data to an SDXC/SDHC/SD card or PC later. You can also copy images from a memory card or PC to the built-in memory, and view them on the LCD anytime you like. In addition to providing extra memory when your memory card fills up, this is a great place to store your favorite photos so you can view them anytime you want.
- Large-Capacity, High-Speed Storage Media -- SD, SDHC and SDXC Memory Card
- The SD Memory Card, the ZS30's media for storing image data, offers both a large capacity and fast data transfer. The camera also accommodates large-capacity SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
- AC / USB Battery Charging
- The DMC-ZS30 complies with USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply. The energy-saving Venus Engine and the efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery let you take approximately 260 shots on a single battery charge*.
- Zoom Resume Function
- The Zoom Resume function lets you decide on your composition before you shoot, so you can be prepared for sudden opportunities like a grand opening event or a photo of birds in the wild. It stores the zoom position (magnification) in memory, so you can shoot with the same zoom setting once the power is turned on again. This helps to make sure you don't miss those great spur-of-the-moment shots.
- Two-Speed Zoom
- This function allows you to control the zoom operation in two speeds, Low and High, with the zoom lever. Rotate the lever a small amount for slow zooming, and a larger amount for high-speed zooming. This makes it easy to zoom in and out quickly when you need to, or to slow down for finer zooming control.
- Date Stamp
- You can print the date on your photos. In addition to the ordinary recording date, you can choose Baby or Pet mode from among the Scene Modes to automatically print the age of a child or pet by inputting the birthdate in advance, or use the Travel Date Setting to print which day of the trip each photo was taken on. These dates, which can be helpful when making a photo album, can be stamped on photos whether you print them yourself at home or have a photo shop do them.
- ISO Sensitivity Settings
- Adjust light-receiving sensitivity just like with a film camera. Available settings: Auto and ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 and 3200 equivalents (1600 - 6400 ISO equivalent in High Sensitivity Mode).
- Built-in Digital Flash
- The ZS30 offers a number of flash modes, including Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction for nighttime portraits, and Forced On/Off.
- White Balance Settings
- Choose from six white balance settings: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Incandescent and White Set.
- Manual Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV steps up to ±2 EV
- Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Automatically shoot three frames with graduated exposure, one shot overexposed, one shot at correct exposure, one shot unedrexposed. Bracketing amount can be set for 1/3 to 1 EV steps.
- Real-Time Histograms
- The DMC-ZS30's histogram feature functions like a digital light meter, providing a graphic representation of the luminance level of the pixels composing an image. By using the histogram, users can exercise more precise exposure control for quality photos. The histogram can be displayed on the unit's large LCD screen while an image is being recorded and also after a shot has been taken.
- 2-Second/10-Second Self-Timer
- Why should you always be the photographer, and never the subject? Once you set the camera to self-time mode, you have up to ten seconds to pose for the picture.
- USB 2.0 High-speed Computer Interface
- Panasonic Lumix cameras supports the USB 2.0 high-speed standard. In comparison with conventional full-speed data transfer at 12 Mbps, USB 2.0 high-speed transfers data at soeeds up to 480 Mbps. This is a highly practical speed for sending high-volume image data from the camera to a PC for viewing or storage.
- Built-in Microphone and Speaker
- The microphone allows you to record audio when using the motion and still image recording features.
- AF Assist Lamp
- Provides extra lighting as a focusing aid for slightly dark situations where AF focusing would ordinarily be difficult.
- PictBridge Direct Print Compatibility
- The Direct Printing Mode has been added to the mode dial so you can make prints by simply connecting the camera to a Pictbridge-compatible printer with the included USB cable. Of course you can make mulitple prints of a image or print only those you have selected as your favorites.
Panasonic DMC-ZS30K Specifications
- CCD (Image Sensor)
- 1/2.3-inch, 18.9 Total Megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor, Primary Color Filter
- Camera Effective Pixels
- 18.1 Megapixels
- Recording Format
- Still Image: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.3 standard), DPOF corresponding
3D Image: MPO
Motion Images: AVCHD, MP4
- Image Quality
- Fine / Standard (3D Mode: MPO Fine/ MPO Standard)
- Resolution, Still Image:
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4896 x 3672 pixels (18M)
4000 x 3000 pixels (12M EZ)
3264 x 2448 (8M EZ)
2560 x 1920 (5M EZ)
2048 x 1536 (3M EZ)
640 x 480 (0.3M EZ)
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4896 x 3264 pixels (16M)
4000 x 2672 pixels (10.5M EZ)
3264 x 2176 pixels (7M EZ)
2560 x 1712 (4.5M EZ))
2048 x 1360 (2.5M EZ)
640 x 424 (0.3M EZ)
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
4896 x 2752 pixels (13.5M)
4000 x 2248 pixels (9M EZ)
3264 x 1840 pixels (6M EZ)
2560 x 1440 (3.5M EZ)
1920 x 1080 (2M EZ)
640 x 360 (0.2M EZ)
1:1 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
3232 x 3232 (10.5M)
2736 x 2736 (7.5M EZ)
2304 x 2304 (5.5M EZ)
3664 x 3664 pixels (10.5M)
2992 x 2992 pixels (7.5M EZ)
2448 x 2448 pixels (6M EZ)
- Motion Picture Recording:
- HD Movie:
AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (FHD: 28Mbps; Sensor output is 60fps)
AVCHD: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FHD: 17Mbps; Sensor output is 60fps)
MP4: 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30fps (FHD: 20Mbps; Sensor output is 30p)
AVCHD: 1280 x 720 pixels, 60p (HD: 17Mbps; Sensor output is 60p)
MP4: 1280 x 720 pixels, 30fps (HD: 10Mbps; Sensor output is 30p)
4:3 Aspect Ratio:
MP4: 640 x 480 pixels (VGA), 30 fps (4 Mbps)
High Speed Video:
MP4 HD: 1280 x 720 pixels, 120 fps
MP4 VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 240 fps
(Max. of approx. 4 GB of continuous motion picture can be recorded in MP4. In AVCHD, recording may be continued until the card is full)
- Leica DC Vario-Elmar Lens
- 12 elements in 10 groups (3 aspherical lenses / 6 aspherical surfaces, 2 ED lenses)
- Focal Length
- f = 4.3 - 86 mm (35mm equiv: 24 - 480 mm; 28 - 560 mm equiv. in movie recording)
- Optical Zoom
- 20x (2-speed zoom)
- Digital Zoom
Max. 80x combined with Optical Zoom
Max. 40x combined with Optical Zoom and Intelligent Zoom (When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Intelligent Zoom, you can only increase the zoom ratio up to 2x)
- Extra Optical Zoom
- 24.5x (4:3 / 12M), 30.0x (4:3 / 8M), 38.2x (4:3 / 5M), 47.8x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom
- F3.3 - 6.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F3.3 - 8.0 (W) / F6.4 - 8.0 (T))
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- HYBRID O.I.S. + (On / Off) / Five-Axis Correction
- Focusing Area:
- Normal: Wide 19.7" (50cm) - infinity / Tele 78.7" (200cm) - infinity
Macro / Intelligent AUTO / movie recording: Wide 1.18" - infinity (3cm - infinity) / Tele 39.4" (100cm) - infinity
- AF Metering
- Face / AF Tracking / 1-area / Multi (23-area) / Spot / Touch Area (in Touch AF/AE)
- Normal / AF Macro, Macro Zoom, Touch AF/AE, Quick AF On / Off (On in Intelligent Auto), AF Tracking
Continuous AF (only for motion picture)
- Shutter Speed
- Approx. 4 - 1/2,000 sec.
Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30 sec.
- ISO Sensitivity
- Auto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400* (*Extended ISO); High Sensitivity Mode: Auto (1600 - 6400)
- White Balance
- Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set / White Balance Adjustment (Except Auto)
- Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV Step, ±2 EV
Auto Bracketing (AE): ± 1/3 EV ~ 1EV step, 3 frames
- Light Metering
- Intelligent Multiple / Center-weighted / Spot
- Recording Modes, Mode Dial
- Intelligent Auto, Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual, C1 (Custom), C2 (Custom), Panorama Shot, Scene, Creative Control
- Still Picture Scene Modes
- Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Underwater, Starry Sky, Glass Through, High-speed Video, 3D Photo
- Creative Control Mode
- Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, High Dynamic, Toy Effect, Miniature, Soft Focus, Impressive Art, Cross Process, Star Filter, One Point Color
- Continuous Shooting Mode
- Full-Resolution Image, 10 frames / sec, Max. 6 images
With AF Tracking: 5 frames / sec, 2 frames / sec, Max. 100 images
Hi-speed Burst Mode: Approx. 40 frames / sec (recorded in 5M / 3M / 0.3M for 4:3, 4.5M / 2.5M / 0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M / 2M / 0.2M for 16:9, 3.5M / 2.5M / 0.2M for 1:1)
Approx. 60 frames / sec (recorded in 2.5M / 0.3M for 4:3, 3M / 0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M / 0.2M for 16:9, 2M / 0.2M for 1:1)
- Self Timer
- 2 sec / 10 sec
- Color Mode
- Standard, Black & White, Sepia, Vivid (in P / A / S / M Modes), Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Built-in Flash Modes
- Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off
- Built-in Flash Range, ISO Auto
- Wide: 1.97 - 21.0 feet (0.6 - 6.4 m)
Tele: 3.28 - 10.83 feet (1.0 - 3.3 m)
- GPS / GLONASS) / Map / GPS Log
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
2412 MHz - 2462 MHz (1-11 ch)
WPA / WPA2
Infrastracture Mode / WPS / Wi-Fi Direct
- LCD Monitor
- 3.0" Diagonal TFT Touch Screen Color LCD with 920,000 pixels, AR Coating, Multi-Touch, AUTO Power Monitor mode, Power Monitor mode, Field of View: approx. 100%
- Playback Mode
- Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, 3D, GPS Area, Map, Travel Playback, Category Playback, Select Date, Favorites Playback), Calendar, Thumbnails (12, 30), Zoomed Playback (Touch Magnification), Histogram, Calendar Display, DPOF Print Setting, Set Protection, Creative Retouch, Auto Retouch, Resize, Cropping, Copy, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Cut Animation, Video Divide, Set Favorites
- Built-in SD / SDHC / SDXC Card Slot
- Recording Media:
- Approx. 12 MB Built-in-Memory
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card (optional)
- Built-in Stereo
- Built-in Mono
- mini HDMI, USB 2.0 High Speed, AV Output (AV / USB Multi)
- PictBridge Support
- Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- Power Supply:
- ID-Security Li-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 1,250 mAh, 4.5 Wh) (included)
- AC Adaptor (Input: 110 - 240V AC) (Included, connect with USB cable, playback only)
- Battery Life
- approximately 300 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Model Color
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- approximately 2.32" x 4.26" x 1.09" (58.9 x 108.3 x 27.7 mm)
- approximately 6.1 oz. (172 g) without Battery and SD Memory Card
approximately 7.0 oz. (198 g) with Battery and SD Memory Card