Panasonic DMC-LX7K Lumix Digital Still Camera
Get Panasonic DMC-LX7K Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is a Panasonic
Authorized Internet etailer
and for Many Other Fine Brands!
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 is the latest addition to the world-renowned Lumix LX series of high-end, compact digital still cameras. The DMC-LX7 has been fully redesigned in the lens, the image sensor and the image processing engine, and features numerous other improvements and upgrades. The F/1.4 - 2.3 super bright Leica DC Vario-Summilux Lens lets you capture crisp and clear images even in low-light situations with a versatile 24 - 90mm zoom range (35mm camera equivalent). The high brightness of the fully open F1.4 aperture produces superb images with smoothly defocused backgrounds. The extraordinarily rich amount of light can give impressive expression to images by reproducing exquisite gradations of light. Panasonic's Black Box Nano Surface Coating technology minimizes light reflection that causes ghost and flare, which help boasting stunning, true-to-life images with outstanding resolution and detail. The LX7 's POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) offers improved correction accuracy.
The newly-developed 10.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS Sensor expands the dynamic range by increasing light sensitivity and color saturation. In synergy with the performance of F1.4 bright lens, the DMC-LX7 assures astonishingly high picture quality even in low light situations. Light Speed AF helps catch the most fleeting shooting opportunities. The aperture ring allows direct, intuitive control of aperture and the internal ND filter makes it possible to reduce light to use slower shutter speed. The large 3.0-inch 920,000-dot high-resolution Intelligent LCD is also redesigned to provide remarkable visibility under virtually any circumstances. The camera's hot shoe allows attachment of advanced optional accessories such as a Live View Finder which offers high visibility even under strong sunlight.
The LX7 offers full manual control, plus a wide variety of shooting options such as Creative Control and Photo Style filters. The DMC-LX7 records 60p 1920 x 1080 full-HD video recording with high-quality stereo sound. The 3.8x optical zoom and manual control are also available in video recording. Taking the expressive possibilities of compact cameras to ever higher dimension, the DMC-LX7 completely redefines the concept of what a pocket-sized camera can do for professionals and advanced amateurs.
Panasonic DMC-LX7K Key Features
- Included Accessories
- DMW-BCJ13 Li-Ion Battery Pack
- DE-A81B Battery Charger
- Shoulder Strap
- Lens Cap and Lens Cap Strap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- USB Cable
- Software CD-ROM: PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.3 PE, SILKYPIX Developer Studio, Adobe Reader
- Large Aperture F1.4 - 2.3, 24mm Wide-Angle Leica DC Vario-Summicron Lens
- The DMC-LX7 is equipped with newly developed 24mm ultra-wide-angle LeicA DC Vario-Summilux lens with 3.8x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 24-90mm). This superior lens features outstanding F1.4 brightness at the wide end and F2.3 brightness even at tele end. An F1.4 lens is about 400% as bright as an F2.8 lens, itself generally considered to be a bright lens. The high brightness of the fully open F1.4 aperture produces superb images with smoothly defocused backgrounds. The extraordinarily rich amount of light can give impressive expression to images by reproducing exquisite gradations of light. It allows higher shutter speeds to capture stunningly clear, sharp, blur-free images in lower light situations.
The lens unit consists of 11 elements in 10 groups with 5 aspherical lenses with 9 aspherical surfaces including a dual-sided aspherical-surface ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens, never before adopted for any Lumix digital compact camera or interchangeable lens. This lens element employs the characteristic mechanism of an ED lens to well compensate for chromatic aberration, at the same time its aspherical lens attributes correct other types of distortion. The result is high resolution images with minimal distortion and artifacts such as chromatic aberrations, ghosting and flaring.
This advanced lens also makes it easy to produce beautiful photos with pleasing soft-focused backgrounds thanks to the shallow depth of field at the F1.4 aperture. With Nano Surface Coating technology, applying an extra-low refractive index coating with nano-sized structure on the surface of the lens, light reflection is dramatically minimized across the entire visual light range (380nm-780nm). The internal ND filter makes it possible to reduce the light to use slower shutter speed by 3 steps. Also, the iris diaphragm allows users to adjust aperture manually in fine steps.
The 24mm ultra-wide-angle lens -- rare on a compact camera -- gives photographers a wider range of composition possibilities. The super-high-quality Leica DC Vario-Summicron lens minimizes distortion even at the wide end, so users can get stunning, true-to-life images with outstanding resolution and detail. The LX7 captures an approximately 213% larger viewing space compared to a normal 35mm camera, and an approximately 136% larger viewing space than a 28mm wide-angle lens.
- Aperture Ring
- A newly-added aperture ring allows intuitive fine control of aperture.
- 7.5x Intelligent Zoom
- Thanks to newly-incorporated Intelligent Resolution technology, Intelligent Zoom is available with the LX7 which extends the zoom ratio by approximately 2x maintaining the picture quality even combining a digital zoom. This means the 3.8x optical can virtually extend to 7.5x equivalent.
- 3.8x Optical/4x Digital/15.1x Combined Zoom/26.8x Combined With Extra Optical Zoom
- This Panasonic Lumix digital camera is equipped with a 3.8x optical zoom, capable of producing close-ups with amazing detail. There is even a 4x variable digital zoom*, which, combined with the optical zoom, digitally magnifies images up to 15.1 times their normal size.
- 6.7x Extra Optical Zoom
- The DMC-LX7's 3.8x optical zoom combines with the large, 1/1.7" diagonal 10.1-megapixel CMOS to give you enormous expressive power. The Extra Optical Zoom, which minimizes the image degradation that normally occurs with digital zooming, gives you up to 4.5x power in 7-megapixel photos, up to 5.4x power in 5-megapixel photos, and up to 6.7x power in under 3-megapixel photos.
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- Especially important for a high zoom camera, Panasonic's advanced POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) enhances the camera's telephoto zoom capabilities, helping to deliver sharp, vivid images even when taking handheld telephoto shots or shooting in low light. This feature uses motion sensors, which detects even slight hand movement and integrally links the lens control to the motion of the camera to reduce jitter. Unlike digital image stabilization systems, this optical system provides precise compensation with no degradation in image quality. POWER O.I.S. is automatically turned on in the IA Mode and can be turned on or off in the P/A/S/M Mode or some Scene Modes.
POWER O.I.S. nearly doubles the hand-shake correction power of conventional MEGA O.I.S. Panasonic has worked on the low-frequency vibration hand-shake component, which is physically generated when pressing the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. You get bright photos without blurring even from handheld shooting at slow shutter speeds. POWER O.I.S. is extremely effective for high-power zoom shots, and clearly captures subjects in the ultra-telephoto range, which used to require a tripod.
- Generous 3-inch Super High-Resolution Intelligent LCD
- The DMC-LX7 is equipped with a 3.0-inch, 920,000-dot Intelligent LCD with super high resolution and a wide viewing angle. The screen brightness automatically adjusts in 11 steps as the surrounding brightness level changes, ensuring easy visibility at all times. The big screen reflects fine details, making it easy to check the focus before shooting. It also serves as a small photo and video viewer, allowing the user and friends to enjoy viewing the still and motion images together. Reflection is suppressed with the AR coating.
- 1/1.7-inch High-Sensitivity 10.1-Megapixel MOS Sensor for Unprecedented Image Quality
- The DMC-LX7's new 1/1.7-inch, 12.8-megapixel gross MOS Sensor provides 10.1 effective megapixels at 4:3 aspect ratio. It improves S/N ratio by 1.5 dB compared with the LX7's predecessor, the Lumix DMC-LX5*. The result is high resolution images with stunning clarity captured not only in high sensitivity recording but also at low ISO settings, reproducing rich gradations with the exquisite wide dynamic range even in high-contrast conditions.
- Venus Engine LSI
- The high-performance Venus Engine image processor also boasts advanced signal processing. High speed digital signal output technology helps the LX7 record full-HD 60p smooth video, and to realize consecutive shooting at 11 fps in full resolution with the mechanical shutter and 5 fps with continuous AF. It also contributes to the Light Speed AF, allowing users to catch the most fleeting shooting opportunities. The Intelligent NR system maintains high resolution by optimizing the noise reduction process for each part of an image. Multi-Process NR quickly detects brightness levels in each part of a picture and applies optimum noise reduction in multiple steps.
- Intelligent Noise Reduction and Multi-Process Noise Reduction
- The excellent S/N ratio of the MOS sensor and the Intelligent Noise Reduction system in the Venus Engine allow both photos and videos shot at any sensitivity from low to high to boast outstanding clarity. Resolution is prioritized at edge area. Noise reduction is prioritized in soft gradation area. Multi-Process Noise Reduction applies optimum noise reduction according to the brightness of each part of the image. Images recorded in low-lit situations are now dramatically clear.
- Intelligent HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- The DMC-LX7 integrates Intelligent HDR (High Dynamic Range) in iA Mode. Several still pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels are overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure). HDR Mode is also available in the Scene Mode.
- Intelligent D-Range Control
- This function offers natural looking by optimizing the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully.
- Intelligent Resolution Technology
- The advanced image processing technology Intelligent Resolution is incorporated in the Venus Engine FHD for the DMC-LX7. With the Intelligent Resolution technology, 3 areas -- outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas -- are automatically detected and optimum signal processes are performed to each area. Apart from the uniform enhancement of sharpness, the innovative technology Intelligent Resolution precisely performs signal processing pixel by pixel in the most effective way for it. As a result, images are naturally clear and crisp in both photo and movie recording. The Intelligent Resolution function turns ON in the IA Mode or in some Scene Modes. In other cases, you can activate Intelligent Resolution from the menu.
- AVCHD Full HD 1080p Motion Images
- The LUMIX DMC-LX7 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful full-HD movies. The DMC-LX7 can also record full HD 1,920 x 1,080 30p videos in MP4 format. This format is suitable for editing videos on a computer or uploading those to websites. In addition to MP4 images, the DMC-LX7 can record high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080p 60 fps video in the AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. The AVCHD format features almost twice the recording time in HD quality than the conventional Motion JPEG and excels in compatibility with AV equipment like HDTVs or Blu-ray Disc players. A special, separate button on the top lets the user instantly start recording movies while shooting photos without any having to make any extra settings. The DMC-LX7 takes Full HD Motion Images a step further with 1,920 x 1,080p 60 fps progressive scanning recording. Twice as much data is captured by 1080/60p recording as 1080/60i. And unlike the interlace method, progressive scanning records and reproduces a full image at 60 frames per second, so fast-action scenes are crisp and clear, with very little flicker. You enjoy highly detailed images in a wide variety of shooting situations.
A special, dedicated button lets you instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to make any extra settings. The 3.8x optical zoom is available in movie recording. With DMC-LX7, there are always two options to record spur-of-the-moment scenes: high-quality photos or movies. The user can simply choose the one that saves precious memories most beautifully.
- Light Speed AF
- The auto focus helps to catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities, achieving Light Speed AF of approximately 0.1 second. You can quickly focus on moving subjects, useful when you're shooting sports scenes or animals.
- 11 FPS Full-Resolution High-Speed Consecutive Shooting, 60 FPS 3.5-Megapixel High Speed Burst Mode
- The DMC-LX7's newly-developed MOS sensor helps to realize its high speed burst shooting. You can take a series of shots, then choose the ones you like the best and delete the rest. The DMC-LX7 can fire off up to approximately 12 fps in full 12.1-megapixel resolution with its mechanical shutter. This is great for capturing fast subject motion, such as sports scenes or animals. You can snap off consecutive shots at approximately 5.5 fps or 2 fps with AF Tracking engaged. That keeps the focus on quickly moving children for capturing decisive moments with crisp clarity. Even higher-speed burst shooting is possible when the electronic shutter is used -- 60 fps at 3.5-megapixel resolution. Great for capturing race cars and other subjects that are difficult to catch with the naked eye.
- Creative Control and Photo Style
- You can use the Creative Control and Photo Style features for shooting photos and videos. It renders highly unique expressions by matching the colors to your subject and surroundings. You can add different effects by applying one of the filters both in the recording mode (Creative Control) and the playback mode (Creative Retouch). Creative Control options include:
- Expressive: A Pop Art style image effect that emphasizes color
- Retro: A soft image effect that gives the impression of faded and tarnished old color photos and videos
- High Key: An image effect with a bright ambience
- Low Key: Adds a dark and relaxing feel to the overall image and subtly enhances bright parts.
- Sepia: An image effect that captures the impression of faded old black and white photos and videos
- High Dynamic: An image effect that emphasizes light and dark areas
- Miniature Effect: Adjusts defocused and in-focus areas to make the subject look like a miniature model
- Dynamic Monochrome: Gives a higher contrast to create an impressive black and white image.
- Impressive Art: Gives your photo dramatic contrast and vivid color.
- Cross Process: Gives your photo dramatic colors.
- Toy Effect: Reduces peripheral brightness to give the impression of a toy camera.
- Soft Focus: Blurs the overall image to produce a soft feel.
- Star Filter: Transforms pin-points of light into a star effect.
- One Point Color: Creates a near monochrome image leaving one selected color for dramatic effect.
- Radial Defocus: Defocuses the entire image but retains a sharper focus on the main subjects than with Soft Focus by operating focus when the shutter is open (exposure time) during recording.
- Smooth Defocus: Creates a smooth defocused area that emphasizes the subject by operating the aperture when the shutter is opened (during exposure).
With Photo Style you can manually choose from six color types to get even more detailed image settings, or to match the shooting situation in both photo and video recording. In addition, the contrast, sharpness, saturation or noise reduction for each mode parameter can be customized in 5 steps and stored in memory. In Custom Mode, finely customized settings can be stored for easy recall and use.
- Standard: Standard settings
- Vivid: Brilliant effect with high saturation and contrast
- Natural: Soft effect with low saturation
- Monochrome: A gray scale effect with no color
- Scenery: An effect that enhances scenic shots with vivid blues and greens
- Portrait: An effect that enhances human portraits with healthy and beautiful skin tones
- 3D Photo Mode
- The 3D Photo Scene Mode produces a 2-megapixel (16:9) 3D image in the camera. The image-processing method used by LUMIX records beautiful images with less distortion or visible image links.
- Pop-Up Digital Flash
- The LX7 offers a number of flash modes, including Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction for nighttime portraits, and Forced On/Off. Flash output adjustment is available in 1/3EV steps, ±2EV. The powerful flash reaches a distance of 27.9 feet at the wide setting and 17.1 feet at the telephoto setting (ISO AUTO). The flash has 1st curtain and 2nd curtain synchro settings to add effective nuance according to the scene.
- Creative Video Mode
- Creative Video Mode gives you a wider range of expressive possibilities to explore. It lets the user set the shutter speed and aperture manually to make even more impressive movies. Changing the shutter speed brings special effects to videos, which is especially suitable for shooting fast-moving subjects. The ability to control the aperture is convenient when there are several subjects at different distances and it is desired to have each of them stand out.
- High-Speed Video
- The DMC-LX7 records high-speed HD videos at 120 fps* in MP4 format. That means you can capture the moment the soccer ball finds the net. Or the moment that a tennis racket strikes the ball. You can even capture scenes that can't be seen with the naked eye, and play them back in dramatic slow motion.
- Intelligent Auto Mode Helps Prevent Mis-Shots, iA Plus Mode
- In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose shots and capture moments. Just press, aim and shoot. Detection and correction functions work appropriately just by entering the iA Mode for you to take beautiful photos and movies with maximum ease. In addition, the Intelligent Resolution technology is always activated in the iA Mode, which results in the clearer and higher image quality in every photo and movie with extended zoom range equivalent to 5x optical zoom by the Intelligent Zoom. In addition, the iA Plus Mode enables you to adjust defocusing area, exposure compensation and white balance by just moving the slider.
- Face Recognition
- The LX7 features Face Recognition, a function that "remembers" faces. When a familiar face is recorded several times, the camera will prompt you to register the face. Once completed, if the familiar face appears into your frame again, the camera will display the name you specified for the person and prioritize focus and exposure so that the registered face is bright and in sharp focus. Up to six people's faces can be registered, and up to three can be simultaneously recognized to show their names once registered. Three face images can be registered for each person, to dramatically raise the detection accuracy. And when the angle of view is changed horizontally, the name display also rotates for easier reading.
- AF Tracking Function
- With the AF Tracking function, the user can "lock" the focus onto a moving subject. The camera then automatically tracks the subject as it moves, keeping it in focus without the user having to hold the shutter button halfway down. This makes it easier to capture the perfect moment clearly and in sharp focus when shooting images of a child, pet, sports or any scene with moving subjects and spur-of-the-moment action.
- Face Detection AF and AE
- The Face Detection function can find up to 15 faces in the frame and adjusts the focus and exposure to capture them clearly and in sharp focus. Face detection accuracy has been increased in the LX7 to now provide continuous adjustment of the focus and exposure even if the face is turned sideways to the camera. Combined with AF Tracking, Face Detection helps users capture special moments, including the fleeting expressions on the faces of active children. Plus, with the LX7, the red-eye effect can be digitally corrected automatically when it occurs due to the use the flash.
- Intelligent ISO Control
- Thanks to Intelligent ISO Control (IIC), the camera can determine whether or not the subject is moving. If it is moving, Intelligent ISO Control changes the ISO sensitivity and shutter speed accordingly. You get clear, beautiful shots with no motion blur even when photographing kids who won't stay still. If the subject is not moving, the ISO sensitivity is lowered to capture beautiful, natural-looking images.
- Intelligent Exposure (Photo and Movie)
- With this feature, photos will no longer be under- or over-exposed. Instead, the LX7 instantly analyzes the framed image and adjusts the brightness in areas that are too dark because of dim lighting, backlighting or the use of the flash. The camera will automatically adjust the brightness accordingly. Intelligent Exposure optimizes the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully. It now features an automatic backlight compensation function that activates whenever the camera detects the subject is in backlight.
- Digital Red-eye Correction (Photo)
- This feature helps to eliminate the red-eye problem that sometimes results when taking flash shots at the night. Incorporated into the built-in flash, the camera emits a small preliminary flash before the main flash, detects red-eye and will digitally correct it.
- Happy Mode
- The Happy Mode optimizes color, saturation and brightness to make images more vivid and true to the color of the scene you remember.
- Intelligent Scene Selector
- When the camera's in iA mode, the Intelligent Scene Selector senses the ambient conditions and automatically selects either Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode accordingly. It makes several other advanced image settings too, so you're assured of getting beautiful results every time you shoot, no matter what the scene or subject. With the Intelligent Scene Selector doing all the complicated work for you, you'll find photography easier than ever to enjoy.
- Program Auto Exposure, Aperture and Shutter Priority
- Intelligent Auto Mode
- P Mode (Program AE): You can adjust the white balance, ISO sensitivity, and other settings to give a photo a more expressive look.
- A (Aperture Priority) Mode: You select the aperture and the camera automatically sets the shutter speed according to the subject's brightness.
- S (Shutter Priority) Mode: You select the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture according to the subject's brightness.
- M (Manual) Mode: You have full control over both the shutter speed and aperture.
- Custom1: You can store in memory up to three sets of frequently used settings, such as the scene mode, white balance and AF and photometry modes. Later, you can instantly recall those settings by selecting Custom mode.
- Custom2: You can store in memory up to three additional sets of frequently used settings.
- Creative Movie Mode: Lets the user set the shutter speed and aperture manually.
- Creative Control Mode: You can add different effects by applying one of the filters.
- Playback Mode
- Scene Mode
- Scene Modes To Cover A Wide Variety Of Shots
- The versatile Scene Mode range is a unique Lumix feature that handles just about any situation and subject type. By simply selecting a Scene Mode, the camera makes the optimal settings for you automatically, so anybody can take superb photos and movies with ease.
- Portrait Mode: This gives the background a soft focus while capturing the subject clearly and sharply.
- Soft Skin Mode The camera detects the face or skin area to achieve a smoother appearance of the skin than portrait mode.
- Scenery Mode: Capture sweeping vistas in sharp focus.
- Sports Mode: Uses a high shutter speed to catch moving subjects.
- Night Portrait Mode: The MEGA O.I.S. minimizes hand motion at slow shutter speeds, to capture people and night landscapes clearly and beautifully.
- Night Scenery Mode: Allows you to record the nightscape vividly by reducing the shutter speed.
- Food Mode: Allows you to take pictures of food with a natural hue without being affected by the ambient light in restaurants etc.
- Baby1, Baby2 Modes: This mode takes pictures of a baby with a healthy complexion. When the flash is used, the light from it is weaker than usual. You can set the birthdays of two babies (Baby1 and Baby2). The baby's age can then be displayed when playing back pictures.
- Pet Mode: Because pets often won't hold still, this mode switches the camera to Intelligent ISO Control, which prevents motion blur. If you input your pet's date of birth, its age in months (at the time a photo was taken) is displayed when you view photos.
- Sunset Mode: Emphasizing red tones, this mode is designed to capture clear, vivid shots of colorful sunsets.
- Panorama Shot Mode: Makes it is possible to shoot a 360-degree horizontal / vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous picture.
- Handheld Night Shot Mode: For a blur-less, beautifully illuminated night shot even without using a tripod. The camera shoots consecutive 10 shots to simulate over one picture detecting and fixing the position of the subjects.
- HDR Mode: Several still pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels are overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure).
- Glass Through Mode: This mode reduces both light and image reflection and allows you to take pictures through glass.
- 3D Photo: Produces a 2-megapixel 3D image in the camera.
- Fine ISO Sensitivity Settings Adjutment, Maximum ISO 12800 (Extended)
- The High Sensitivity MOS sensor and Venus Engine realize image recording with even higher sensitivity at maximum ISO 12800 (extended by pixel mixed readout). Images to be shot in low-lit situations are stunningly clear with highly sharp resolution. When the ISO sensitivity step is set to 1/3 EV, the DMC-LX7 allows you to make fine adjustments and achieve the exact level of image quality you want.
- Fine White Balance Settings
- Set Color tones to match the light source. Available presets include Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Shade, Halogen, Flash and White Set. The LX7 provides a new color temperature display function in addition to the Two-Axis White Balance Adjustment offered in previous models. There is also a custom setting function that lets users store up to four sets of settings you often use in memory and instantly recall them later using the mode dial.
- Manual Focus, Auto Focus or Macro AF
- A switch on the side of the lens barrel lets you quickly change the focus mode between Manual Focus, Auto Focus or Macro AF. When you focus in the Manual Focus mode, not only the focus distance but also the DOF (depth of field) according to the zoom range and aperture is displayed. The focus button on the top lets you directly choose auto-focusing point freely from the entire field of view with the 1-point AF AF method. The same button works for a direct enlargement on the focused point when playing back the images.
In both AF/MF, the subject just 1cm away can be finely captured sparing no detail of it. You can experience the dynamic close-up of macro shots. In AF mode, the AF Tracking function automatically tracks the subject once the AF has been set even if the subject moves around, making it easier to capture sharp, well-focused photos of decisive moments. For setting the white balance, the LX7 provides a new color temperature display function in addition to the Two-Axis White Balance Adjustment offered in previous models. There is also a custom setting function that lets users store up to four sets of settings you often use in memory and instantly recall them later using the mode dial.
- Multi-Exposures for Creative Photography
- You can take up to three exposures in a single frame. You can also apply automatic gain compensation according to your requirements.
- Image Leveling
- Image Leveling is another function that improves post-shooting convenience. When a recorded image "leans" to the right or left because the camera was held at a slight angle, the Image Leveling function rotates the image to straighten it and crops the unnecessary edges*.
- 70MB Built-In Memory
- Take photos even when you don't have an SD/SDHC Memory Card on hand. The built-in memory holds up to 40 MB of image data, which you can later copy to an SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card or PC. You can also copy images from a memory card or PC to the built-in memory, and view them on the LCD anytime you like.
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card Compatibilty
- Manual Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV steps up to ±3 EV
- Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Automatically shoot three frames with graduated exposure, one shot overexposed, one shot at correct exposure, one shot unedrexposed. Bracketing amount can be set for 1/3 to 3 EV steps.
- Intelligent Multiple Metering Mode Plus Center-Weighted and Spot Metering
- The LX7's light metering system divides the image into 60 blocks, for improved accuracy in determining brightness, color temperature, and focus information. It also determines the best exposure setting in difficult shooting conditions, such as when there is backlighting. Spot Mode lets you match the exposure to a particular part of the image -- useful for subjects with large brightness variations. Center-weighted and Spot metering is also available.
- Real-Time Histograms
- The DMC-LX7's histogram feature functions like a digital light meter, providing a graphic representation of the luminance level of the pixels composing an image. By using the histogram, users can exercise more precise exposure control for quality photos. The histogram can be displayed on the unit's large LCD screen while an image is being recorded and also after a shot has been taken.
- Picture Adjustments
- Fine tune Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation and Noise Reduction to match your creative vision.
- Built-in Speaker and Stereo Microphone
- The microphone allows you to record stereo audio when using the motion image recording features.
- Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator and Auto Wind Cut
- Videos come with the high-quality stereo of Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, to offer highly realistic sound. An Auto Wind Cut function is available to block out most of the noise from background wind, automatically allowing the human voice to stand out.
- 2-Second/10-Second Self-Timer
- Why should you always be the photographer, and never the subject? Once you set the camera to self-time mode, you have up to ten seconds to pose for the picture.
- Versatile Interfaces: USB Terminal, A/V Output Terminal (NTSC)
- USB 2.0 High-speed Computer Interface
- Panasonic Lumix cameras supports the USB 2.0 high-speed standard. In comparison with conventional full-speed data transfer at 12 Mbps, USB 2.0 high-speed transfers data at soeeds up to 480 Mbps. This is a highly practical speed for sending high-volume image data from the camera to a PC for viewing or storage.
- AF Assist Lamp
- Provides extra lighting as a focusing aid for slightly dark situations where AF focusing would ordinarily be difficult.
- PictBridge Direct Print Compatibility
- The PictBridge standard lets you print directly on a compatible digital printer. Print size, layout, date and other settings can be made with the camera.
Panasonic DMC-LX7K Specifications
- Image Sensor
- 1/1.7-inch High Sensitivity MOS sensor, 12.8 Total Megapixels, Primary Color Filter
- Camera Effective Pixels
- 10.1 Megapixels
- Recording Format
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF / Exif2.23), RAW
3D Image: MPO
Motion picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Image Quality
- Fine / Standard / RAW / RAW + Fine / RAW + Standard
3D Mode: MPO + Fine / MPO + Standard
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
3648 x 2736
3072 x 2304
2560 x 1920
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
3776 x 2520
3168 x 2112
2656 x 1768
2112 x 1408
2048 x 1360
640 x 424
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
3968 x 2232
3228 x 1872
2784 x 1588
2208 x 1248
1920 x 1080
640 x 360
1920 x 1080 (3D)
1:1 Aspect Ratio (Still Image):
2736 x 2736
2304 x 2304
1920 x 1920
1536 x 1536
480 x 480
- Motion Picture Recording
- HD Video 1,920 x 1,080 pixels:
AVCHD 60p (PSH: 28Mbps) (Sensor output is 60fps)
AVCHD 60i (FSH: 17Mbps) (Sensor output is 60fps)
MP4, 30fps (FHD: 20Mbps) (Sensor output is 30fps)
HD Video 1,280 x 720 pixels:
AVCHD 60p (SH: 17Mbps) (Sensor output is 60fps)
MP4, 30fps (HD: 10Mbps) (Sensor output is 30fps)
STD Video 640 x 480 pixels (VGA):
MP4, 30fps (4Mbps)
High Speed Video 1,280 x 720 pixels:
MP4, 30fps (Sensor output is 120fps)
(Max. of approx. 4 GB of continuous motion picture can be recorded in MP4. In AVCHD, recording may be continued until the card is full.)
- Motion Picture Recordable Time
- Continuous Recordable Time
AVCHD with picture quality set to [PSH]: Approx. 90 min
AVCHD with picture quality set to [SH]: Approx. 100 min
MP4 with picture quality set to [FHD]: Approx. 110 min
Actual Recordable Time
AVCHD with picture quality set to [PSH]: Approx. 50 min
AVCHD with picture quality set to [SH]: Approx. 55 min
MP4 with picture quality set to [FHD]: Approx. 60 min
- Leica DC Vario-Summilux Lens
- 11 elements in 10 groups: 5 aspherical lenses / 9 aspherical surfaces, 2 ED Lenses (1 Aspherical ED Lens), 1 Nano Surface Coating Lens
- Optical Zoom
- Digital Zoom
- Digital: 4x
When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Intelligent Zoom, you can only increase the zoom ratio up to 2x
Max. 15.1x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom
Max. 26.8x combined with Extra Optical Zoom
- Extra Optical Zoom
- 4.5x for 7 Mega, 5.4x for 5 Mega, 6.7x under 3 Mega
- Intelligent Zoom
- Focal Length
- f=4.7-17.7mm (35mm equiv: 24 - 90mm
- F1.4 - 2.3 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F1.4 - 8.0 (W) / F2.3 - 8.0 (T))
ND Filter (3 steps)
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- POWER O.I.S. (Off / On)
- Focusing Area:
- Normal: Wide: 1.64 feet (50cm) - Infinity
- AF Macro / MF / Intelligent Auto / Motion Picture: Wide: 0.4" (1cm) - Infinity; Tele: 0.98 feet (30cm) - Infinity
- AF Metering:
- Face, AF tracking, Multi (23-area) / 1-area (flexible / scalable)
- Normal / AF Macro / MF, Quick AF On / Off (on in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF (only for motion picture), AF/AF Macro/MF Switchable, AF/AE Lock Button, Focus Lever, Manual Focus, One Shot AF, AF Area Select, AF Tracking
- ISO Sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Auto / i.ISO / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800* (* by pixel mixed readout)
(Changeable in 1/3 EV steps)
- White Balance
- Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set1 / White Set2 / Color Temperature (2-axis adjustable, ±9 steps each, Blue / Amber and Magenta / Green bias)
- Program AE, Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation
- 1/3 EV Step, ±3 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing
- 1/3 EV - 3 EV Step, Max. ±3 EV, 3 Frames
- Light Metering
- Intelligent Multiple / Center-weighted / Spot
- Shutter Speed
- Approx. 250 - 1/4,000 sec (ISO 80 - 1600)
Approx. 30 - 1/4,000 sec (ISO 2000 - 3200)
Approx. 8 - 1/4,000 sec (ISO 4000 - 12800)
- Rec Modes (Mode Dial)
- Intelligent AUTO, P (Program) Mode, A (Aperture Priority) Mode, S (Shutter Priority) Mode, M (Manual) Mode, Custom1, Custom2, Creative Movie Mode, Creative Control Mode, Scene Mode
- Still Image Scene Modes
- Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Sunset, Pet, Panorama Shot, Handheld Night Shot, HDR, Glass Through, 3D Photo
- Creative Control Mode
- Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color, Radial Defocus, Smooth Defocus
- Photo Style
- Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom
- Color Mode (only in iA Mode)
- Standard, Black & White, Sepia, Happy
- Picture Adjustment
- Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation, Noise Reduction
- Continuous Shooting Mode
- Full-Resolution Image, 11 frames / sec Max. 12 images (Standard Mode / Fine Mode); with AF Tracking: 5 frames / sec, 2 frames / sec
High-speed Burst Mode: Approx. 40 frames / sec (recorded in 5M for 4:3, 4.5M for 3:2, 3.5M for 16:9, 3.5M for 1:1); Approx. 60 frames / sec (recorded in 2.5M for 4:3, 3M for 3:2, 3.5M for 16:9, 2M for 1:1)
- Self Timer
- 10 seconds, 2 seconds, 10 seconds / 3 images
- Playback Mode
- Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, 3D, Category, Favorites), Calendar Search, Thumbnails (12 / 30 thumbnails), Zoomed Playback, Calendar Display, Set Favorites, Show Histogram, Show Highlights, DPOF Print Setting, Set Protection, Resize, Cropping, Leveling, Copy, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Creative Retouch, Auto Retouch
- Built-in Flash Modes
- Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off
- Flash Synchro:
- 1st / 2nd
- Built-in Flash Range
- ISO AUTO: Wide: 2.62 - 27.89 feet (0.8 - 8.5m); Tele: 0.98 - 17.06 feet (0.3 - 5.2m)
- External Flash
- LCD Monitor
- 3.0" (7.5 cm) Diagonal TFT Color LCD with 920,000 pixels, AR Coating, Wide-viewing Angle, Field of view: approx. 100%, Auto Power LCD Mode, Power LCD Mode
- External OVF / EVF (Optional)
- Built-in SD Card Slot
- Built-in SD / SDHC / SDXC Card Slot
- Recording Media:
- Approx. 70MB Built-in Memory
- SD Memory Card
- SDHC Memory Card
- SDXC Memory Card (Compatible with UHS-I standard)
- Built-in (Stereo)
- Built-in (Mono)
- A/V Output (NTSC), HDMI Output (mini HDMI), USB Multi
- Direct Print
- PictBridge (Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF)
- Power Supply:
- Power ID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, Minimum: 1,250 mAh) (Included)
- AC Adaptor (Input: 110 - 240V AC) (Optional, requires optional DC coupler)
- Battery Life
- Up to 330 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Model Color
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 2.64" x 4.35" x 1.80" (67.1 x 110.5 x 45.6 mm)
- Approx. 9.5 oz. (269 g) camera only
10.5 oz. (298 g) with battery and memory card