Canon Realis SX7 Mark II Multimedia Projector
Get Canon Realis SX7 Mark II Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The Canon REALiS SX7 Mark II Multimedia LCOS Projector combines the award-winning features of REALiS projectors with an impressive 4000 lumens of brightness and a Photo Image Mode to assist users with advanced color management and adjustments for ambient lighting conditions. The REALiS SX7 Mark II features advanced LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) technology with Canon's patented, proprietary AISYS (Aspectual Illumination System) Optical Engine. This advanced technology, combined with the projectors SXGA+ (1400 x 1050) native resolution and 4000 lumens of brightness, delivers extraordinary detailed, lattice-free motion and still images. This combination makes the REALiS SX7 Mark II ideal for classrooms, meeting/board rooms, photo studios and seminars/conferences.
The Photo Image Mode allows users to easily make changes to improve the look and feel of the content being projected. Within this mode the Color Level and Color Temperature functions allow for fine-tuning of both the intensity of colors and the color temperature by selecting from easy-to-use presets. In addition, the Photo Image Mode includes an Ambient Light function which can be used to compensate for lighting conditions for both the type of lighting (Tungsten, Fluorescent and Fluorescent H) and intensity (Low, Medium or High). The ambient light function is ideal for users displaying content and cannot control the lighting conditions -- such as educators speaking in classrooms or photographers showing their work in an art museum/gallery or at a seminar. The functions available in the Photo Image Mode allow users greater control of color reproduction and image quality.
Canon Realis SX7 Mark II Key Features
- Included Accessories
- Wireless Remote Control (with 2 AAA batteries)
- Soft Carrying Case
- DVI to VGA Computer Cable
- Power Cable
- Component Video Cable
- Lens Cap
- Warranty Card
- SXGA+ Resolution
- Ideally engineered for professional photographers, the Canon Realis SX7 Mark II projector features Super High Resolution 1400 x 1050 (SXGA+), for display of exceptional color and intricate detail. Compared to mainstream projectors which offer XGA resolution (1024 x 768), the Realis SX7 Mark II's SXGA+ resolution provides an expanded display range, capable of reproducing even the smallest details with razor sharp precision. SXGA+ can also display true 16:9 high definition broadcast images. Professional photographers can display and present incredibly realistic images with large screen impact using the Realis SX7 Mark II. The SX7's crisp 1400 x 1050 pixels of resolution let you keep pace with the increasing resolution of notebook computer displays, including WXGA (1366 x 768) resolution, which is commonly used in today's widescreen display laptops. It even supports UXGA 1600 x 1200 through compression.
- LCOS Technology
- Three LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) panels -- red, green and blue -- allow the SX7 projector to produce its smooth picture quality. 90% of panel surface area is active, compared to approximately 60% of typical LCD panels: gaps between the transmissive LCD pixels used in conventional projectors result in images appearing as though covered in a fine mesh. With virtually no gaps between the pixels of LCOS panels, images produced are seamless: diagonal lines, fine details and text in presentations are reproduced with outstanding clarity.
The liquid crystals allow LCOS projectors to reproduce fine gradients across the entire brightness range, ensuring subtle gradations are rendered clearly with exceptionally smooth grey scale displays. This technology means higher resolution images, seamless images with no flickering or "screen door" effect, quick image response for better looking moving images, and better display of text. Only Canon realizes the full potential of LCOS technology by combining it with their proprietary AISYS Engine, a patented optical light engine for achieving brightness and high contrast using LCOS panels.
LCOS vs LCD
LCOS technology produces lattice-free, seamless images, while the LCD projector's "screen door effect" impacts negatively on the display of faithful color and intricate detail.
With Realis SX7 Mark II, skin tone detail is sharp and crisp.
With Realis SX7 Mark II, color is accurate and sharp.
LCD "Screen door effect" minimizes skin tone detail.
Screen door effect dulls color and reproduction.
- Exclusive AISYS Technology
- To overcome the cumbersome size and high cost of traditional LCOS projectors, Canon developed AISYS (Aspectual Illumination System), a unique optical illumination system incorporating LCOS technology into a remarkably compact body. By optimizing the light from the projector's lamp in relation to the characteristics of the LCOS panels and PBSs (Polarization Beam Splitter), AISYS achieves a lightweight and compact chassis without compromising on brightness and contrast.
This patented, proprietary optical technology makes it possible to achieve both the high brightness of 4000 ANSI Lumens and a contrast ratio of 1000:1 while also reducing projector size. It allows the Realis SX7 Mark II to fully unlock the performance of LCOS, which has major advantages over traditional projection methods, including higher (SXGA+) resolution, seamless imagery, enhanced performance on motion images, and superior display of text.
The SX7's AISYS optical engine features new optical elements, redesigned polarizing beam splitters, and a reconfigured optical layout. The result is improved light efficiency, uniformity and expanded color space.
- Precision Canon 1.7X Powered Zoom Lens With Autofocus
- Nearly 70 years of expertise in designing and crafting precision lenses for photography, broadcast TV cameras, and camcorders goes into every lens Canon manufactures. The Realis SX7 Mark II's lens offers one of the industry's widest zoom ranges, an impressively short throw distance, and produces images with superior color and clarity. The powered 1.7x zoom lens can be adjusted via remote control, and allows for flexible placement of the projector -- achieving strong magnification with little distortion throughout the zoom range.
An innovative lens design delivers high picture quality, and the lens coating reduces flare and ghosting. The 1.7x Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens also lets you project in a variety of settings. It gives you a 40" screen from a very short 3.9 feet, a 100" screen from only 9.8 feet, all the way to a 400" screen. It's the perfect blend of quality and versatility.
- 4000 ANSI Lumens
- When you have to project over large distances or in a bright setting, the Realis SX7 Mark II has the power you need. Not only does it feature the bright performance of LCOS and AISYS technology, it's also packing an impressive 4000 ANSI lumens. The SX7's high luminosity enables it to clearly display large images even in lighted-venue environments, which can include shopping malls and museum exhibits. The new AC lamp offers improved efficiency and longer life.
- Enhanced Color System With Unique Color Match System
- A special RGB color filter on the Realis SX7 Mark II enables accurate Adobe RGB color as well as sRGB; ideal for professional photography, design, publishing and printing. The SX7's expanded color space with Adobe RGB and sRGB support makes it ideal for applications where image quality and exacting color reproduction are essential, such as in professional photography, design, publishing and printing.
With this Realis projector, you can select between several Color Modes, each one designed for a different type of projection. You can also create custom settings by adjusting 7 different aspects (brightness, contrast, sharpness, gamma, color level, color balance and more) for each of the four image modes. That means 28 different custom image modes in total, and that means a perfect picture, no matter what you're viewing.
- Standard mode gives you images closely resembling the original, with an emphasis on white areas
- Presentation mode increases contrast between bright and dark areas, making it easier to see detailed diagrams and text
- sRGB mode is optimized for sRGB images, which includes those produced by many digital cameras
- Movie&Photo modes are for the display of video and digital camera images, clearly defining gradations and improving color reproduction
- Adobe RGB is a larger color space, enabling the reproduction of more colors -- and is ideal for professional photographic studios, graphic design studios and printers who need to display images with accurate, uniform color. The SX7 gives you the widest range of Adobe RGB color space found in any projector.
- Photo Image Mode
- The Photo Image Mode allows users to easily make changes to improve the look and feel of the content being projected. Within this mode the Color Level and Color Temperature functions allow for fine-tuning of both the intensity of colors and the color temperature by selecting from easy-to-use presets. In addition, the Photo Image Mode includes an Ambient Light function which can be used to compensate for lighting conditions for both the type of lighting (Tungsten, Fluorescent and Fluorescent H) and intensity (Low, Medium or High). The ambient light function is ideal for users displaying content and cannot control the lighting conditions -- such as educators speaking in classrooms or photographers showing their work in an art museum/gallery or at a seminar. The functions available in the Photo Image Mode allow users greater control of color reproduction and image quality.
- Complete Color Control
- Your projection screen is your canvas with the SX7's unparalleled color control. An easy-to-use Graphical User Interface lets you adjust your palette of colors to paint the picture you want for your audience.
- Memory/Vivid Color Correction
- With Memory/Vivid Color Correction, you can adjust the degree of vividness of each of the primary colors (red, green, blue) and each of the secondary colors (cyan, magenta, yellow). Choose between low, medium, and high to project the image the way you remember it.
- 6-Axis (RGBCMY) Color Adjustment
- The projector's 6-axis (RGBCMY) Color Adjustment lets you fine-tune the hue and saturation of each of the primary and secondary colors. This high degree of control makes each projected image a masterpiece.
- Auto Setup
- The SX7's Auto Setup feature is quick and accurate. With the touch of a button, it only takes seconds to set up:
- Auto Focus - your SX7 measures the distance to the screen and makes your projected image razor-sharp
- Auto Input - the projector automatically detects the input port
- Auto Keystone - vertical keystone correction is automatically applied
- Auto Screen Color Correction - the projector automatically compensates for the color of the projection surface
- Off and Go
- The Off and Go feature lets you power off and unplug without running the fan. The projector uses a built-in energy reserve to run the fans for its shutdown cycle. Ceiling mounted units can be switched on/off from a central control.
- Whisper Operation: 31 dB (Quiet Mode)
- When you've sweated over every word in your presentation, you don't want anything competing for your audience's attention. That's why you'll love the Realis SX7 Mark II's Quiet Mode that reduces fan noise to 31dB.
- Digital Keystone Adjustment
- If the projector is not aligned properly with the screen (perpendicular to it), keystoning can occur. This will create a displayed image with trapezoidal shape (narrower at the bottom than top, for example). With a projector as portable as the Realis SX7 Mark II, you're sure to find yourself in less than perfect set ups. Keystone Correction lets you project a perfect image regardless. Automatic Keystone Correction is available on the vertical axis, correcting distortion up to ±20 degrees. You can also manually correct for keystone distortion of ±20 degrees horizontally or vertically.
- Superior Connectivity
- The Realis SX7 Mark II projector includes multiple input jacks and connectors, and can accept a wide variety of digital and analog computer-display formats. The SX7's DVI-I terminal gives you a true digital connection -- from source to display. Since it conforms to HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Copy Protection), you can use your SX7 to project high-quality video from satellite and digital cable boxes, as well as DVD players -- without any reduction in image quality. The terminal also accepts an analog signal from your laptop computer and devices with a VGA terminal.
More audio flexibility is yours with the SX7 thanks to its three inputs. You can use one audio input for each source you may have (DVI, VGA and Video). The variable audio output will switch automatically when the input source changes and can be connected to amplified speakers or a receiver for high-quality sound. All simple to install and with sound levels controllable from your projector's remote control unit.
- Lightweight and Compact
- At only 10.5 pounds, the Realis SX7 Mark II is one of the smallest, lightest SXGA+ LCOS projectors in the world. Compared to projectors with similar resolution and brightness, Canon's Realis SX7 Mark II is half the size, half the weight, and half the price. Truly designed with the user in mind, the projector features independent input buttons for quick and easy switching.
The projector's ease of use also comes from such features as the Wireless IR Remote Control with illuminated keys. Canon even makes it easy to hook up your projector by placing all connectors on one side.
- PIN Code Lock and Key Lock
- The Realis SX7 Mark II has a unique Password Lock and Function Key Lock that prevents unauthorized users from operating your projector without the proper pin number. This lets you control access to your projector -- giving you one less thing to worry about.
- 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Be sure of sharp, vibrant images with the Realis SX7 Mark II's exceptional 1000:1 Contrast Ratio.
- Front or Rear Projection
- The SX7 can be used for front or rear projection. An optional ceiling mount also lets you permanently install it up and out the way.
- RS-232 Control/USB Mouse Control
- Worry-Free Performance
- No need to worry that the impressive performance of your Realis SX7 Mark II won't last. The projector comes with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, as well as a 120-day lamp life warranty. Your only worry will be what to show next!
Canon Realis SX7 Mark II Specifications
- Imaging Technology:
- LCD Panel System: 0.7-inch TFT Reflective Active Matrix type, 3 panels
Panel Resolution: 1400 x 1050 dots
Number of Pixels: 4,410,000 (1400 x 1050 x 3 panels)
- Aspect Ratio:
- Native Resolution:
- SXGA+ (1400 x 1050)
- 4000 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio:
- Digital Keystone:
- ± 20 degrees Vertical Adjustment (Auto/Manual)
± 20 degrees Horizontal Adjustment (Manual)
- Projection Lens:
- f=21.7 - 35.8mm, F1.85 - 2.5
- Lens Offset:
- 9 : 1, Fixed
- 1.7x Powered, 12x Digital zoom
- Projection Image size (Diagonal):
- Adjustable from 40" to 300"
- Throw Distance:
- 3.9 - 29.5 ft. (1.2 - 9.0m)
100-inch: 9.8 - 16.1 ft. (3.0 - 4.9m)
- Throw Ratio:
- 1.46 - 2.43:1
- Image Adjustment:
- Image Mode = Presentation, Standard, Movie, Photo, Adobe RGB, sRGB
- Color Adjustment:
- Dynamic Gamma, 6-Axis (RGBCMY) Color Adjustment
- Wall Correction:
- Auto / Manual
- Ceiling, Rear, Rear-Ceiling, None
- Tilt Angle:
- Adjusting foot up to 10°
- Scanning Frequency:
- 15 to 100 kHz (Horizontal)
50 to 100 Hz (Vertical)
Dot Clock: 170MHz or less
- Analog PC Input:
- UXGA, SXGA+, SXGA, WXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA
- Digital PC Input:
- SXGA+, SXGA, WXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA
- Analog Video Input:
- NTSC, PAL, SECAM, NTSC 4.43, PAL-M and PAL-N
- Component Input:
- 1080i, 1035i, 720p, 575p, 575i, 480p, 480i
- Digital Video Input:
- 1080i, 1035i, 720p, 576p, 480p
- 29-pin DVI-I Input Digital PC / Digital Video / Analog (RGB) PC input x 1
Mini D-sub 15-pin Analog PC Input / Component Video Input x 1
Mini Jack Stereo Audio Input x 3
RCA Stereo Audio Input x 1 (L/R)
Mini Din 4-pin S-Video Input x 1
- Mini D-sub 15-pin Analog PC (RGB) Output x 1
Mini Jack Stereo Audio Output x 1
- Control Terminals:
- D-SUB 9-pin RS-232 x 1
USB Mouse Control x 1 (mouse control only, cannot receive images)
- Remote Control, Wireless:
- Wireless Infrared Sensor, Front / Back
- Built-in Audio Speaker:
- 1 Watt Monaural
- Fan Noise (Normal/Quiet):
- 35 / 31 dB
- Projection Lamp:
- 275W NSH (AC)
- Lamp Life (Normal/Quiet):
- 2000 / 3000 hours
- Power Consumption (Normal / Quiet / Standby)
- 360W/ 290W / 7W
- Regional Power Voltage:
- 100-120V/200-240V, 50-60 Hz Worldwide
- Operating Temperature:
- 41° to 95° F (5° to 35° C), 20 ~ 80% RH
- Storage Temperature:
- -22° to 140° F (-30° to 60° C), 5 ~ 90% RH
- 3 Years Parts and Labor, 120 Day Lamp Life
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 10.5" x 4.5" x 13.2" (226 x 114 x 336mm)
- 10.6 lbs. (4.8kg)