Canon HF R32 Flash Memory Camcorder
Get Canon HF R32 Price / Buy Online
Shop With Confidence!
Video Direct® is an Authorized U.S. Retailer for Canon
and Many Other Fine Brands!
The Canon VIXIA HF R32 Flash Memory camcorder offers the ideal combination of price and performance for the budget-conscious user who doesn't want to sacrifice on features such as Full HD 1920 x 1080 video. The VIXIA HF R32, which is 21 percent smaller than its R-series predecessor from 2011, include a Genuine Canon HD Video Lens with 51x Advanced Zoom, 3.28-megapixel Canon Full HD CMOS Image Sensor, a 3.0-inch full-flat Touch Panel LCD screen, Touch Decoration, Smart AUTO and Advanced Video Snapshot. New for 2012, the HF R32 features Canon's Intelligent IS with Optical Image Stabilization allowing the camcorder to automatically switch between stabilization modes for optimal image quality while recording. The VIXIA HF R32 features MP4 file format recording, and incorporates 32GB of internal flash memory, Canon's Relay Recording and HD-to-SD Downconversion. It also includes Wi-Fi connectivity, which enables the ability to upload videos wirelessly to YouTube and Facebook through use of an iPad or iPhone app, and DLNA connectivity, which enables wireless access to a DLNA-compatible device.
Focusing on the social network experience, Canon has enhanced the VIXIA HF R32 with Wi-Fi connectivity, the option to capture videos in MP4 or AVCHD file format and full Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) compatibility, unleashing on-the-spot creative video sharing and still-image uploads. The MP4 file format option helps make content easier to share across mobile devices and to social networks online, while DLNA connectivity allows wireless transmission of videos to DLNA-compatible HDTVs. Encouraging users to shoot and share, the Canon VIXIA HF R32 has the ability to upload videos directly to social media sites such as YouTube and Facebook over a Wi-Fi network, or to mobile devices such as an iPhone or iPadi utilizing a free Movie Uploader app.
Canon HF R32 Key Features
- Canon HF R32 Supplied Accessories:
- BP-709 Battery Pack
- CA-110 Compact Power Adapter
- Stylus Pen
- IFC-300PCU/S USB Interface Cable
- HTC-100/S Mini HDMI Cable
- Pixela Video Browser / Network Utility Software Disc
- Photo Applications (ImageBrowser EX, Image Mix) / Music Disc
- Flash Memory Camcorder
- Flash Memory camcorders are able to read and write data faster than camcorders which use other types of storage. This means that you will be able to start recording faster and have immediate access to your recorded scenes. Because Flash Memory is solid-state storage, it is extremely stable. That means that accidental jolts to the camcorder are much less likely to result in failure or data loss. Since Flash Memory contains no moving parts, the camcorder requires less power. You will gain the advantage of longer recording times, perfect when on vacation or when capturing sports events and special occasions. Flash Memory allows the camcorder to be smaller, more compact, and lighter than ever before. You will benefit from sleeker design and the ability to take your camcorder anywhere.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slot
- Get ready for a revolution in home movies with Canon's HF G10 flash memory camcorder. Lightweight, stylish and small enough to slip into a pocket, recording to flash memory means that you can shoot for longer without running out of power. And thanks to flash, operating the camcorder is quick and quiet, plus your footage stays safe. All Canon Flash Memory Camcorders record to SD, SDHC or SDXC memory cards, for ultra-easy sharing and uploading to a computer. Capture video and photos straight to memory card to store precious moments, then easily share them with friends and family. Since all Canon Flash Memory camcorders have an SDXC memory card slot, greater capacity can be added in the future by purchasing additional cards. Furthermore, an SDXC memory card can be easily inserted into a computer's memory card reader or an HDTV's card slot for instant viewing.
- Dual Flash Memory With 32 GB Internal Flash Drive
- If you need more storage space, the HF R32 camcorder offers a great Dual Flash Memory combination. The HF R32's 32GB internal memory gives you the power to capture over 12 hours of video (LP mode) or over 4 hours of 1920 x 1080 Full HD Recording (FXP mode) without the need for spare discs, tapes or memory cards -- perfect when you're on vacation. Alternatively, capture straight to memory card to store precious moments, then easily share them with friends and family -- even transfer movies and stills from cards to the internal memory, to keep a record of what you're sharing.
- Relay Recording
- Allows users to capture uninterrupted video when the primary recording media is full. The camcorder will continue to record a scene by switching from one memory source to the other as it fills up, so that you won't miss a moment of action.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Built-in Wi-Fi™ opens up a world of new possibilities, giving you the connectivity and immediacy you expect today. The VIXIA camcorder is a sharing device, ready to send your video wherever you like: delight faraway relatives with video of a wedding seconds after it took place; share video of your travels as they happen; post event-documenting videos online more. If you're in an Internet hotspot, you can post video to YouTube™, Facebook™, and other sharing sites. The free Canon iOS Movie Upload app lets you upload video from the VIXIA HF R32 camcorder to your iPhone™, iPad™ or iPod Touch? virtually anywhere. And when you send video to your smartphone or tablet, you'll find it conveniently filed where your other videos are stored. Shoot video in your living room, and save it to the PC in your home office over your home network. Wireless setup with the VIXIA HF R32 is as quick and easy as it is with your other devices, and you can register and store up to three networks for immediate retrieval any time.
- DLNA™ Compliance
- DLNA, the Digital Living Network Alliance, is a standard designed to increase connectivity between consumer devices of all types and brands. The VIXIA HF R32 camcorder is DLNA-compliant, and now so are many HDTVs. That means that you can use your home network to access the video stored in your camcorder with the remote control of a DLNA-compliant TV. Even if your HDTV is not DLNA-compliant, the devices connected to it (including game consoles and Blu-ray™ players) may be, which will allow you to take advantage of this feature.
- Canon 3.28-megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor
- Canon's expertise in designing and manufacturing CMOS image sensors for its line of EOS Digital SLR cameras is now available in Canon HD camcorders. The improved 3.28-megapixel Canon CMOS sensor captures true HD information at 1920 x 1080, giving your images the ultimate in realistic detail. Canon's advanced noise reduction technology, ensures the purity of each pixel even in dim light, minimizing noise and other aberrations. It incorporates an RGB Primary Color Filter with Bayer placement to deliver a sharp HD image with vibrant and accurate color reproduction.
- True HD 1920 x 1080 Video
- Canon's expertise in designing and manufacturing CMOS image sensors for its line of EOS Digital SLR cameras is now available in the Canon HF R32 HDV camcorder. The 3.28 Megapixel CMOS sensor captures true HD information at 1920 x 1080, giving your images the ultimate in realistic detail. Canon's advanced noise reduction technology, ensures the purity of each pixel even in dim light, minimizing noise and other aberrations. It incorporates an RGB Primary Color Filter with Bayer placement to deliver a sharp HD image with vibrant and accurate color reproduction.
- RGB Primary Color Filter
- The HF R32's True HD CMOS Sensor's RGB Primary Color Filter separates the light passing through the lens into individual red, green, and blue color components, the same color filtration used in professional 3 CCD camcorders. As a result, the HF R32 deliver richer, more vibrant, and more accurate color reproduction than models using a conventional complementary color filter.
- Genuine Canon Optics - 32x High Definition Video Lens With 51x Advanced Zoom
- With more than 70 years of expertise in manufacturing lenses for professional broadcast and still photography, the Canon name represents optical excellence. The HF R32 features a Genuine Canon 20x HD Video Zoom Lens designed specifically to capture crisp high definition video. Its aspherical lens minimizes spherical aberration, meaning sharper focus on your subject. With Advanced Zoom, you can seamlessly zoom both wide and long, retaining optical quality throughout the zoom range. The zoom is quiet, and optimized for flash camcorders. Together with the Canon Exclusive 3.2-megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor and Canon's own DIGIC DV III Image Processor, this lens helps you capture high definition video and photos with astonishing detail, vivid color and enhanced reproduction of the full tonal range, including the most difficult purple and blue shades.
The Canon 51x Advanced Zoom extends the power of your zoom. In both wide angle and telephoto positions, there is virtually no loss in image quality throughout the range. How is this accomplished? With a Genuine Canon lens which remains in constant motion through the entire extended zoom range aided by Canon's proprietary DIGIC DV III image processor.
- Dynamic Super-Range Optical Image Stabilizer
- Canon's Super-Range Optical Image Stabilizer helps deliver smooth, steady video, even at longer focal lengths. The system uses two detection methods (gyro and vector) to sense the widest range of vibrations from hand-held shake, to vibration from a moving vehicle. By using optical stabilization, it can compensate for a greater degree of camera shake and avoid any loss in image quality, unlike electronic image stabilizers. It is even effective for both video and photos. Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer takes shake correction to a whole new level. It provides continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct an even broader range of motion. Extra compensation is applied at wide-angle focal lengths to eliminate unwanted vibration common with walking.
- Powered IS
- In addition to Canon's Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization, Powered IS provides an even higher level of compensation for subtle hand movement at the telephoto end of the zoom range. This enhancement can be engaged by pressing the Powered IS button on the LCD panel.
- Intelligent IS
- Intelligent IS makes it easy to shoot clear, sharply focused video, even in situations that typically cause camera shake. The Intelligent IS system analyzes the shooting situation for you, then automatically switches to the image stabilization method best able to produce sharp, steady video. Four IS systems cover the gamut of shooting situations. Dynamic IS corrects minor movement and the shaking caused by walking while shooting. Macro IS delivers perfectly steady close-up shots. Powered IS comes into play when you're using the camcorder's powerful zoom, correcting shake that can occur in telephoto shots. Tripod Mode stops IS when the camcorder is stationary.
- DIGIC DV III Image Processor
- DIGIC DV III is Canon's most advanced HD image processor ever, helping to deliver enhanced image quality, true color production for both video and photos, and a sophisticated noise reduction system for exceptional low-light performance. It is also the high-speed engine which powers a variety of Canon technologies including the Advanced Auto Exposure system and Genuine Canon Face Detection. Plus, the Canon DIGIC DV III Image Processor allows continuous shooting of digital photos with the VIXIA HF R32. You can also enjoy faster processing of your images to your memory card (1.4x normal card; 2.5x Hi Speed card). In addition, it helps lower power consumption for longer battery life.
- Variable Zoom Speed Control
- A sure sign of amateur video is the unsteady zoom shot. But with the Vixia HF R32's zoom control, you simply select one of three pre-set zoom speeds for smooth, steady, professional looking zooms.
- 3-inch Touch Panel LCD
- Canon's Touch Panel LCD Screen offers easy menu navigation and quick control over a variety of camcorder functions -- such as scene selection, Genuine Canon Face Selection and Touch & Track -- right at your fingertips.
- Touch & Track
- Canon's Touch & Track technology enables users to select a subject on the Touch Panel LCD that the camcorder will then recognize and track. This sophisticated technology recognizes faces, objects, even animals, ensuring that your subject will always be in focus and properly exposed.
- Genuine Canon Face Detection
- The same high quality Face Detection technology used in Canon digital cameras is now available in Canon High Definition camcorders. Up to 35 faces can be detected automatically, and 9 detection frames can be displayed at one time. Genuine Canon Face Detection ensures razor-sharp focus and natural, accurate exposure of the chosen subjects. The system is so intelligent it will recognize faces that are turned downwards or sideways. In addition, a specific face may be selected as the main subject for continuous tracking. This feature can be used to search for clips featuring that specific subject's face. In search and playback, use of the Face Index will display frames with the chosen face as a thumbnail in each shot in which it appears. The selected face can be linked as a time line to further identify footage containing that subject.
- 24Mbps Recording
- 24Mbps Recording offers the highest bit rate in AVCHD for exceptional lifelike tone and detail.
- 24p Cinema Mode
- 24p Cinema Mode enables all aspiring moviemakers to achieve a professional film-like look. You can change the camcorder's frame rate to 24p, which provides the same frame rate as movie film. In addition, you can use the HF R32's CINE setting, which changes the color and tonal characteristics, evoking the look and feel of a movie shown in a theater. For added flexibility, these settings can be used together, or independently.
- 30p Progressive Mode
- In addition to the standard interlaced video frame rate of 60i, you may choose to set the Vixia HF R32 to capture video in 30p which is (30 progressive frames) particularly useful for footage to be used on the Internet. In addition, this setting gives enhanced quality to still images captured after recording. Excellent for action shots and sports.
- SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Card Compatible
- The Canon VIXIA HF R32 camcorder is compatible with SDXC memory cards, the newest version of the ultra-compact Secure Digital card, delivering super-high capacity storage and ultra-fast data transfer speeds. Unlike the previous SDHC standard, which has storage capacity ranging from 4GB to 32GB, SDXC increases storage capacity from more than 32GB up to 2TB.
- Cinema-Look Filters
- Cinema-Look Filters offer 7 different built-in filters allowing users to create video with a variety of professional cinematic looks.
- Cinema Standard: Recreates the warm tones and muted highlights of classic film.
- Cool: Adds a bluish tint for cool, futuristic-looking scenes.
- Old Movie: Gives video the aged look of old cinema.
- Nostalgic: Recreates the look of old '70s TV programs.
- Dramatic B&W: Creates bold black-and-white movies with high contrast and grain.
- Sepia: Applies a sepia tint for an antique, faded look.
- Vivid: Accentuates primary colors for a bright, cheerful look.
- Story Creator
- Story Creator assists you in the process of producing an organized video with a logical storyline. Choose one of five different themes -- Travel, Kids & Pets, Party, Ceremony and Blog -- and the camcorder provides a list of suggested scenes to shoot. Each theme has more than 20 scene suggestions. After you've captured your footage, Story Creator helps you categorize and rate your scenes, making it easy to review, select and play back your favorites.
- Touch Decoration
- Use the Touch Panel LCD while shooting to activate Touch Decoration, a novel feature that lets you superimpose and record a variety of fun and exciting images along with your video. Animations (e.g., shooting stars, thought bubbles, etc.), stamps, decorative frames and even freehand drawings (using the supplied stylus) can be added to give your videos a fun and creative flair.
- Smart Auto
- The Smart Auto mode makes shooting great video even easier by utilizing Canon's DIGIC DV III Image Processor to intelligently detect and analyze brightness, color, distance and movement and automatically select the best setting for the scene being recorded.
- Advanced Video Snapshot Mode
- Advanced Video Snapshot Mode allows you to create a series of movie clips, in both recording and playback modes, and add music to create the perfect highlight movie. Advanced Video Snapshot mode has been upgraded to provide the flexibility of capturing 2, 4, or 8 second video clips while recording or during playback.
- HD-to-SD Downconversion
- The HD-to-SD Downconversion feature enables users to convert recorded high-definition video to standard-definition files while preserving the original HD video. These standard-definition files make it even more convenient to share video online or create a DVD.
- Convenient HDMI Terminal
- The HF R32 allows easy connection to today's latest HD televisions through its HDMI Terminal. Only one cable is needed to output a pure digital signal (video and audio) for the ultimate viewing experience.
- Tele Macro
- With Tele Macro, the camcorder automatically zooms the lens to full telephoto and changes the closest focusing to about 20 inches -- the ideal setting for ultra-close-up shooting. Conventional camcorders set the minimum focusing distance to approximately three feet at the telephoto end of the zoom range, making it difficult to use the lens's full magnification power. You can use Tele Macro to capture spectacular close-ups with shallow depth-of-field.
- USB 2.0 High Speed
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed provides a direct connection to computers for fast transfer of video and still images. You can even use the camcorder as an external DVD burner for making duplicates of home movies.
- Intelligent Lithium-ion Battery
- The Intelligent Lithium-ion battery which powers the HF R32 is a major, and useful, advance. It not only more accurately tracks remaining battery life, it also gives a display in minutes remaining. It will allow you to better plan your shooting, so you won't be caught out with a battery that suddenly goes from 'half' to 'empty'.
- Microphone Terminal and Headphone Terminal
- With the HF R32's Microphone Terminal you can attach an external microphone if you need to record audio more accurately from a specific source. The microphone terminal allows you to capture professional-quality sound with an external microphone and manual audio level control ensures proper volume for any situation. In addition, you'll find a dedicated headphone terminal, ideal for remote communication with the optional Wireless Microphone WM-V1 and other applications.
- Connect Directly to External Drives With Optional USB Adapter
- When it comes to saving your memories, the VIXIA HF R32 camcorder offers plenty of flexibility. In addition to traditional file storage methods, you can connect the camcorder directly to an external hard disk drive by using the optional UA-100 USB adapter to store video files safely and securely without a computer, an economical option for high-capacity storage on vacations or other trips. Using a USB connection, you can even play video on a TV via the camcorder.
Canon HF R32 Specifications
- Video Format:
- MPEG4-AVC / H.264 High Definition (up to 24 Mbps)
- Audio Format:
- Audio AVCHD: Dolby Digital AC3 (2 Channel)
MP4: MPEG-2 AAC-LC (2 Channel)
Sampling Frequency: 48 KHz
- Recording Media:
- Dual Flash Memory: Internal Flash Memory (32 GB) or SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card (1 slot)
Use of Class 4 or above (4, 6 or 10) memory cards is recommended for recording MXP or FXP (1920 x 1080 pixel recording) movies. For other recording formats, a Class 2 or higher card is recommended. Also, movie (AVCHD/MP4) recording requires cards with 128MB of memory or more.
- Image sensor:
- 1/4.85-inch CMOS, approx. 3.28 Megapixels gross, RGB Prmary Color Filter
- Number of Effective Pixels:
- Video: Approx. 2.07 Megapixels (1920 x 1080)
Photo: Approx. 2.07 Megapixels (1920 x 1080)
- Maximum Recording Time, 32 GB Internal Flash Drive:
- LP (5 Mbps) 12 hours 15 minutes
SP (7 Mbps) 9 hours 35 minutes
XP+ (12 Mbps) 5 hours 45 minutes
FXP (17 Mbps) 4 hours 10 minutes - Allows 1920 x 1080 Full HD Recording
MXP (24 Mbps) 2 hours 55 minutes - Allows 1920 x 1080 Full HD Recording
MP4: 4 Mbps: 16 hours 55 minutes
9 Mbps: 7 hours 40 minutes
Recording time based on internal flash memory only. Greater capacity is possible when SD memory cards are also used (2 card slots).
- Zoom Ratio: 51x Advanced Zoom* / 32x Optical Zoom / 1020x Digital Zoom
Focal Length: f=2.8 - 89.6 mm
35 mm Equivalent, Optical Zoom: 38.5 - 1232 mm (Advanced Zoom Off)
35 mm Equivalent, Advanced Zoom On: 33.9 - 1729 mm
Max. F/Stop f/1.8 - 4.5
- Zoom Speed:
- Variable/3 Fixed Zoom Speeds
- Filter diameter:
- Minimum Focusing Distance:
- 0.4 inch / 1 cm (wide); 3.28 feet / 1 m (entire zoom range); 19.7 inches / 50 cm (Tele Macro)
- Focusing System
- TTL (through the lens)
- Image Stabilization:
- Optical System (Lens-shift system)
Intelligent IS in Auto mode: Dynamic IS (default), Powered IS, Macro IS, Tripod Mode
IS Modes other than Intelligent IS; Dynamic IS and Powered IS settings can be made manually in Manual/Cinema Mode: Standard IS, IS Off
- Programmed AE:
- Smart Auto, Program, Scene (Portrait, Sports, Night, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Low Light, Spotlight, Fireworks), Cine (movie mode only)
- Manual Exposure
- Max Shutter Speed:
- Movie: 1/2000, Still image: 1/500
- White Balance:
- Auto, Daylight, Tungsten, Manual
- Frame Rate
- 60i, 24p Progressive, 30p Progressive
MP4: 24p Progressive, 30p Progressive
- Minimum Illumination
- 5 lux
0.4 lux (Low Light mode, shutter speed 1/2-second)
- LCD Screen:
- 3.0-inch widescreen color Touch Panel LCD, approx. 230,000 pixels
- USB Terminal
- mini-AB: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Microphone Terminal:
- 3.5mm Stereo Mini-jack
- Video Terminal
- component (output), composite (output)
- HDMI Terminal
- HDMI Mini Connector (output), CEC, x.v. Color supported
- AV Mini Terminal/Headphone Terminal
- 3.5 mm 4 pole mini-jack (video/audio output only)
- Accessory Shoe
- Operating Temperature Range
- Approx. 23° to 113° F / -5° to 45° C, 65% relative humidity (storage)
Approx. 32° to 104° F / 0° to 40° C, 85% relative humidity (working)
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- Approx. 2.1 x 2.2 x 4.5 inches (54 x 55 x 115 mm) not including grip belt
- approx. 8.8 oz. (250 g) not including grip belt, battery pack and memory card
approx. 9.9 oz. (280 g) fully loaded (including BP-709 and memory card and grip belt)