The FMX-42a is the top-of-the-line of Azden's popular FMX series portable mixers. This high-performance, feature-rich mixer has been engineered to compete with the best portable mixers available. The FMX-42a includes all the great features of the FMX-42, plus it adds a ten-pin camera return and a mini-jack camera return for direct comparison of the mixer's input signal and the camera's output signal.
Weighing just over three pounds without batteries, and designed for maximum flexibility, the FMX-42a portable mixer has all the features required for in-field audio for video: four Balanced XLR line/mic inputs with individual Level and Pan controls; switchable (per input) 48V phantom power and limiting; professional grade VU meters for accurate level setting; master level control; 1K tone generator; two balanced XLR outputs (line/mic switchable); a stereo mini jack output for DV cams and headphone monitor with level control.
The FMX-42a can be powered by six AA batteries or an optional 12V power supply. It comes with a ballistic nylon case with a clear plastic window over the control panel.
- Four Balanced XLR Inputs With Individual Level Controls
- Phantom Power With On/Off Switch For Each Input (48V)
- Two Balanced XLR Outputs
- Stereo Mini-Jack Output for DV Cameras
- 10-Pin Camera Return, Mini-Jack Camera Return
- Selectable Output Configurations
- Headphone Output (Stereo Or Mono) With Level Control
- 3-position Power Switch with Power On/Low Battery LED
- Operates For 10 Hours On 6 AA Batteries (Not Supplied)
- DC Input For Optional External Power Supply
- Built-in Limiter With On/Off Switch To Prevent Overload For Each Input